Add aMule to software list?

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
Tarrasque

Add aMule to software list?

Post by Tarrasque »

Is there a reason why aMule is not among the installable software directly from DietPi-Software?

I think it's a software that still has a lot of users (well, I am one).

I have been able to install and configure a headless web version by myself, but it's a bit of a pain to do it all over again when a new dietpi image comes out.
Joulinar

Re: Add aMule to software list?

Post by Joulinar »

Is there a reason why aMule is not among the installable software directly from DietPi-Software?
Because nobody has implemented it so far ;)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Tarrasque

Post by Tarrasque »

Joulinar wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:36 am
Because nobody has implemented it so far ;)
Yes, I guess that might be it ;)

But I was wondering at the "root cause".

Is aMule so little used that nobody wants to lose time to implement it?

I'm not a fan of it but lately I've seen a sort of "renaissance" of emule/edonkey and I have to admit there are more places I visit that use e2k: links for distribution than magnet:
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

The list of open items is quite log, next to all the software request we have. DietPi is an extreme small project with a single developer. It's just a matter of time and we can't fullfil every request. But everybody is invited to contribute and start adding software title missing ;)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team