owncloud hdd moving files

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
LightningStrike

owncloud hdd moving files

Post by LightningStrike »

I have a problem with my owncloud db. I dont know how to move the directory from the microSD card to a external hdd.
my linux knowledge is pretty basic and i dont know how to use the right commands. Can someone please help me?
Very thanks from some help.

EDIT:
btw. i need to add a trust domain to my list of trusted domains to acess with noip. can someone please help me with this too?
Joulinar

Re: owncloud hdd moving files

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

there is an option in dietpi-drive_manager to transfer DietPi user data to the external hdd.

Or if it is a fresh install and owncloud is not yet setup, you could specify owncloud data directory inside /boot/dietpi.txt

Code: Select all

# ownCloud/Nextcloud
# - Optional username for admin account, the default is 'admin', applied during install
SOFTWARE_OWNCLOUD_NEXTCLOUD_USERNAME=admin
# - Optional data directory, default is "/mnt/dietpi_userdata/owncloud_data" respectively "/mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data", applied during install
#       NB: This option is for advanced users. For full compatibility, please keep this options defaults, and, use dietpi-drive_manager to move the DietPi user data location.
SOFTWARE_OWNCLOUD_DATADIR=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/owncloud_data
SOFTWARE_NEXTCLOUD_DATADIR=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Trusted domains is disabled by default, so it should work OOTB with any public domain. But I recommend to enable it:

Code: Select all

ncc config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value=your.domain.org
You can also manually check/add domains in /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php. The first entry should be "localhost", required for CLI access, the second should be "*", the wildcard which allows any domain. With the command above, the wildcard (index 1) is overwritten with your actual public domain.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

@MichaIng
it's owncloud not nextcloud but commands and file location are similar

occ instead of ncc

and /var/www/owncloud 8)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team