Odroid C1 no boot partition Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Raoul

Re: Odroid C1 no boot partition

Post by Raoul »

I download again armbian image and now its working. retry dietpi and not working.
I open the img file and there's a difference between the two, armbian has a boot partition in fat and another img file, but dietpi doesn't:
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

can you try running Armbian and once working, following this guide to setup DietPi on top
https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/1285
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Raoul

Post by Raoul »

I try and it works. But its a bit slow, I will do a full sd format before flash armbian and tell you if it's better. I've got an error, when the script try to mount /tmp, but it pass trought when I use an option to solve the problem, I don't remenber what option I choose, I'll tell you later. Thanks for your answer.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Seems like Armbian has fixed their image, that is great :D. I'll quickly create one for us. Funny that it is called "legacy" even that the kernel string is newer compared to the "current" one: https://dl.armbian.com/odroidc1/archive/
However I think the basis for this is that they reverted from single partition (this is why our image as well has a single partition only) to two partitions and re-added the uncompressed uImage, both like it was on the previous "legacy" image with Hardkernel 3.10 Linux. But the Linux version is mainstream, that is awesome!
Raoul

Post by Raoul »

Yeah! good to ear that, my good old c1 will revive again with dietpi.
After flashing armbian buster I launch the script to install dietpi but there's an error, Failled at mount /tmp to create swap at the end of script. When I do open a subshell it finally work but after a reboot, the c1 is stuck at boot and network won't obtain IP.
I Hope that you can build thew image without problem. :P
Thanmks for all your work
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

I updated the image: https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/tes ... -Buster.7z
First boot setup goes through as expected, however I cannot say something about kernel boot stage ;).
Raoul

Post by Raoul »

Wow fast!

I'll try it soon
Raoul

Post by Raoul »

It works, I post on the wrong tpics (C1+) but it's the same image ;)