Raspberry PoE-HAT Fan Speed

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
bequflo

Re: Raspberry PoE-HAT Fan Speed

Post by bequflo »

here the messanges

ifup eth0
ifup: interfece eth0 already configured

ip addr
1: lo
2: eht0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DOWN group default qlen 100
link/ether dc:a6:32:a6:13:e6 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.2.9/23 brd 192.168.3.255 scope global eth0
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN group default qlen 100
link/ether dc:a6:32:a6:13:e7 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

hmm looks like your system is not detecting the network cabel plugged because you have eht0: <NO-CARRIER
. Does it change anything if you do ip link set dev eth0 up?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
bequflo

Post by bequflo »

i do not change anything even if i connect the cable without POE and plug UBS-C with power... all works right, eth0 wlan0.
all without remove the poe hat, even i try with 2 different
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

So if I understood correctly, It's working without PoE-HAT only. As soon as the PoE-HAT is plugged, it's not working anymore. Do you have a spare SD card? Would it be possible to test with plain Raspberry OS?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
bequflo

Post by bequflo »

the POE-HAT is allways connected when i put energy by POE the ports eth0 and wlan0 do not work, if i connect cable lan without energy and plug USB-C with energy the ports eth0 and wlan0 works right. I will try with other distro
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

pls keep us posted how it's working on plain Raspberry OS.
bequflo

Post by bequflo »

hi, again

I was install Raspbian and all work right, with POE-Hat eth0 and wlan0 work fain
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Maybe @MichaIng has an idea what the issue could be.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Do you use the 32-bit or 64-bit image and can you please paste the full kernel log: dmesg
I was searching a bid and indeed it seems to be not required to enable the I2C overlay/parameter, means it should work OOTB. However that is relevant for the fan only.

Also kernel is up-to-date? apt update && apt upgrade
bequflo

Post by bequflo »

Hi, again

In last days i was try ti make work the POE HAT with differente OS in my raspberry pi 4, i was try with Ubuntu, Rasbian, Dietpi, etc. but it do not work.
The fan works right but in all cases the eth0 is down and i can't do make work.