Nextcloud - Sharebymail Error Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
previtech

Nextcloud - Sharebymail Error

Post by previtech »

Hi everyone,
yesterday i've created a nextcloud server with raspberrypi4 and dietpi.
I have a noip config to reaching my raspberry outside the LAN and a lets'encrypt certificate.
Everything work perfectly except when i try to share a file by mail.
I have successfully configured the SMTP server. I also received the test email.
However, when I try to share a file by entering the e-mail address, it often doesn't even find the address and other times it returns this error: "Error creating share".
I checked the nextcloud log and the error it returns is the following:
[sharebymail] Error: Swift_TransportException: Expected response code 250 but got code "550", with message "550 Request failed; Mailbox unavailable.
I tried to look for solutions on the nextcloud forum but without success.
Thanks in advance everyone for the help.

Daniele
Attachments
error.txt
(3.51 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Joulinar

Re: Nextcloud - Sharebymail Error

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your message. I used Google to search your issue and it seems related to the mail address as you are getting a Mailbox unavailable message.

As well I found something on Nextcloud board. https://help.nextcloud.com/t/no-invitat ... on/58852/9

Unforgettably no real solution, except trying different mail addresses until it start working.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
previtech

Post by previtech »

Hello and thank you very much for your reply.
After reading the documentation contained in the link you sent me I simply tried to change my email provider and everything worked without problems. I had previously set up a yahoo SMTP and despite sending the welcome email, it was impossible to share files via email. But now everything works correctly.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

ok perfect, thx for sharing your final solution
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team