Backup and sync server with web interface. Extremely lightweight and efficient as no webserver is required.Access web interface:
URL = http://192.168.0.100:8384First run setup:
Once connected to the web interface.
- When the Danger! Please set a GUI Authentication User and Password in the Settings dialog. box appears, click the settings button inside the box.
- Under GUI Authentication User and GUI Authentication Password. Enter new login details you would like to use for access to the web interface. Then click save
DietPi will automatically setup your default folder share to /mnt/dietpi_userdata
.Setup a second system to sync with:
In this example we will use a Windows system. The goal is to "sync" the user data
from your DietPi device with another system.
- Download, extract and run the Windows application synthing.exe: https://syncthing.net/ (located under Get Started)
- Syncthing web interface will load automatically, if not, you can access it via http://127.0.0.1:8384/
- Click Actions at the top right, then select Show ID. Copy the UUID code.
- On the DietPi device, open the web interface and click Add remote device (bottom right)
- Under Device ID, paste in the UUID we copied earlier.
- Under Device name, enter any name. eg: My Windows PC.
- Under Share Folders With Device tick/select DietPi user data, then click save.
- After a few seconds, go back to the Windows web interface http://127.0.0.1:8384/. You should receive a message asking you to confirm the new device, click Add Device.
- Under Share Folders With Device tick/select DietPi user data, then click save
You devices should now duplicate the user data from your DietPi device to your Windows PC.
>> Return to DietPi-Software List