Odroid C1+ Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
elmar.faber

Odroid C1+

Post by elmar.faber »

Hello,

I try to run DietPi on a Odroid C1+ but it fails. I could not connect over LAN via ssh.
In my network I get no new ip adress. Is there a possibility to run DietPi on a Odroid C1?
I try different sd-cards and the old strech image and the testing buster image.

Best regards

Elmar
Joulinar

Re: Odroid C1+

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

pls can you try to attach a screen. It's quite hard to investigate without error message.

This should be the current C1 image. There is no separat image for C1+
https://dietpi.com/downloads/testing/Di ... -Buster.7z
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
elmar.faber

Post by elmar.faber »

I get no output on screen and I get no ip-adress so I have nothing what I can show.
On Stretch the blue LED is blinking - on buster no blinking the led ist always shining.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

@MichaIng
probably we would need your help on this as you are the master of the images 8)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Hmm, the Stretch image should actually boot, on C1 and C1+. Note that eMMC is not supported.
I did some research about the Buster image: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?p=282220#p282220

I rechecked the current Armbian and our image an indeed the uImage is missing (on our Stretch image it is present). Armbian still auto-creates nightly images regularly, but since they officially dropped support, they will not fix this anymore. I remember another user reporting boot issues and they replied not very friendly.

So what we can do:
- Manually apply the fix, suggested in the forum thread. Creating the uImage on kernel update can be automated via /etc/kernel/postinst.d script, the changes to boot.ini are persistent.
- Revert to Meverics Jessie image based on Linux 3.10 (very old kernel) and dist-upgrade it to Buster. GPU acceleration etc will not work, but since the Armbian image does not even have HDMI output, this is not really a regression.

I'll create a fixed image with first solution, then we can see how it works.
elmar.faber

Post by elmar.faber »

@MichaIng Thank you very much for your help :D
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

@elmar.faber
Image ready: https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/tes ... -Buster.7z
Lets see if this boots from SDcard.
elmar.faber

Post by elmar.faber »

Thank you very much,
now I'm working but in the evening I will try it :)
elmar.faber

Post by elmar.faber »

@MichaIng so I try to boot with the new image but it doesn't work :cry:
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

@elmar.faber
Hmm, damn thing. You don't have a serial console to attach, do you? Difficult to debug since HDMI output does not work (expectedly)...
Do the LEDs blink now at least, similar to how they did with the old Stretch image? Probably it does boot but due to expected missing HDMI output and probably failing network configuration, you cannot recognise.

Please verify that the device isn't appearing in your routers UI, e.g. as new DHCP device/client, after a few minutes. You could as well try to setup a static IP (matching your local IP subnet) before booting the first time via dietpi.txt, then trying to ping it. Difficult again if you have no other Linux system since there is no separate FAT partition that can be mounted on Windows, ext4 only ;). However if the router serves as DHCP server, this can actually hardly fail :?.

However if this still fails and definitely does not boot, I'll create a Buster image based on Meverics old Linux 3.10 Jessie image. It contains doubled dist-upgrading to Buster, hence could be a bit messy related to old/obsolete dirs/files, but would try my best to clean up if as good as I can ;).