DietPi for RockPi 4

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
funkyPI

DietPi for RockPi 4

Post by funkyPI »

Hi Guys!

I have recently received a RockPi 4B v1.3 board and wanted to run DietPi on it. Unfortunately the link to the image on Dietpi.com website does not work, so I found the correct(?) one via Radxa websiite in this location: https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/Die ... -Buster.7z

I have burned it with etcher without any errors, but the SBC does not want to start. Any ideas where to find the correct one or what to do?

Thank you for any help.
Joulinar

Re: DietPi for RockPi 4

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

yap the image was moved from testing to stable a couple of weeks back. Here you can find all stable images

https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/

To analyse your issues, it would be good if you cold attach a screen. At least to see if and what happen. Without error messages, it would be hard to analyse

@MichaIng
on dietpi.com the link for RockPi 4 image is still pointing to testing. pls can you have a look and update it? :D
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
trendy

Post by trendy »

Are you using the SD or eMMC?
I had a few issues with eMMC, mainly because it was not seated properly.
But regardless of that, what do you see on the screen?
funkyPI

Post by funkyPI »

Currently I'm using SD card, an eMMC card is on my way now.

There's not much to show as screen dump, because SBC does not start on the written image. The Read/Write diode does not blink like normally can be seen when system boots up. Also the monitor screen is black. Other systems like for instance Android boots up without issues.

Does anyone of you is using system written from this image and can confirm that it is working properly?

Don't know if it is relevant, but I'm using RPI4 power supply.
trendy

Post by trendy »

I am using the eMMC now, but I remember I first boot it with SD, while waiting for the eMMC adapter to arrive.
I don't recall if there was output on the screen or not. I use my RockPi headless so as long as it acquired an IP from DHCP server I logged into it with SSH. Also the blindingly bright green led doesn't blink from what I remember.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Whoopsie, thanks for the hint. I'll update the download link.