About an article from “The Runner Newspaper”: Learn how DietPi easily solves your privacy issues
The article Why you should try self-hosting and de-Google your life describes the concept of setting up a couple of software packages on a personal server at home to become more independent of Google & Co.
The main proposed server attributes and referenced software packages are:
- Use a Debian based Linux distribution
- Optionally use Docker and Portainer for a modularized solution architecture
- Use Nextcloud for files/photos, calendars, ToDo-Lists, etc.
- Use Airsonic for the music collection
- Use Jellyfin to access media files everywhere
- Use Bitwarden for your password management
And the best is: All of these software packages are part of the DietPi “easy-to-install” system (via the tool ‘dietpi-software‘). Select them and the installer does the complete “installation magic” for you, so that you have nothing more to do as to wait for the installation end and start using the tools.
DietPi fits nearly 100% to achieve the proposed actions.
References: Why you should try self-hosting and de-Google your life from “The Runner Newspaper”.