DietPi - Hifi + DLNA Server Combo (Step by Step Guide)Convert your Pi into a lightweight Hifi music player with a web based interface (Mpd + Ympd).
Stream media from your Pi to any DLNA capable device (eg: iPhone/Android/Xbox One/Ps4).
What you'll need:
- Raspberry Pi (Any Model)
- Some form of speaker system with standard 3.5mm jack input (to connect to your Pi)
- 1GB or greater Micro SD card
- USB Harddrive/memory stick is recommend, but not required (to store your media files).
Step 1 :Complete the following guide to Download the DietPi Image,write to SD card and login. http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9Step 2 :DietPi software Selection
- Select the DietPi Optimized Software
option, press enter.
- The DietPi Software Selection Screen will now appear. Use the space bar to select HiFi
(Web interface music / radio player) and MiniDLNA
(Media streaming server (DLNA, UPnP).
- Press Enter to confirm the selected softwareStep 3 :Begin DietPi software installation
- Navigate the Menu to Go Start Install
and press Enter.
- Select Start Install
to confirm the installation.
DietPi will now install Hifi (MPD + YMPD) and DLNA Server (MiniDLNA) on your system with pre-made optimization configs for your Pi model. Once completed, the system will reboot.
Transfer media files to your DietPi system:
- Make sure you have one of DietPi's File Servers installed.
- Transfer your Media files to the correct directories /Music /Pictures /Video
.Play music with HiFi - Web Interface Music /Radio Player:
- Full details for HifiStream media from your Pi to a DLNA capable device:
- Full details for MiniDLNA