different systems almost same installs.

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
BadabingNL

different systems almost same installs.

Post by BadabingNL »

Im running a pihole on rpi1vb for a year now. Wanted to have an backup, just because why not.
im having it run on a RPI 4 2GB. As u can see the loadavarage is real different.

Yes i run a LCD on a FPCB driver, but i can't imagine that will get these loads.
Both run DietPi 32bit latest editions. I maybe installed the RPi1 with the curl script and the RPi4 with the dietpi-software. The RPi is running on a SSD.

Does anyone know what i can do to reduce the loads on the RPI4 (left)

trendy

Re: different systems almost same installs.

Post by trendy »

I don't see anything consuming too much cpu on the RPi4. Since the uptime is 4 minutes only, most likely there were a lot of things running together to boot it up. Wait a while and it will gradually drop.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

yes, during startup an apt update is executed causing some load. If you are quick enough you can see it running by using htop right after boot/login
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

One notable difference is that on the one machine, Pi-hole was installed via dietpi-software, including the dedicated PHP-FPM server, while on the other machine it seems to have been installed via the Pi-hole installer, using PHP-CGI. Would be actually nice to see long-term comparisons of both in terms of RAM usage and CPU time after some longer runtime :).

And yes, a few minutes after boot there is no chance to do a reasonable comparison. Give it 24h at least ;).