Emby server and nextcloud on Dietpi Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
przemko

Emby server and nextcloud on Dietpi

Post by przemko »

Hello, I want to install Emby server and Nextcloud server on Raspberry Pi4 with USB HDD attached to it. It is good combination to work together?
Now I have Nextcloud on VPS but last days I buy public IP from my ISP and want to make my own server to stream multimedia with Emby and also sync files from 3 laptops and smartphones at work and home (linux and windows) with nextcloud. I'm asking because now nextcloud sometimes after upgrade don't work because php versions problems.
Joulinar

Re: Emby server and nextcloud on Dietpi

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

well there shouldn't be any problems to run Emby as well as NextCloud on same RPi4. If you like to use an external USB HDD I would recommend to use a dedicated power supply for your HDD. At least it could help to avoid instabilities. We have seen it a couple of times in the past where under-voltage could be an issue.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
przemko

Post by przemko »

Hello, thanks for answer. Today I recive external case with power supply for my HDD. Can You tell me how to format that 3,5' HDD? I will have multimedia for Emby server there and Nextcloud storage for linux and windows. Do You know what I have to do to make that Rpi4 with Dietpi to use my public IP? I never had public IP and I don't know how to start?
Regards,
Przemek
Last edited by przemko on Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well this is something outside DietPi I would say. Basically you would need to configure your STATIC public IP address to point back to your Internet Router. But how to do this on your broadband internet connection, I don't know. Maybe something to talk about with your ISP.

Much more easier would be the usage of a DynDNS entry. DietPi supports No-IP as DDNS provider.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5&start=10#p58

This way you will get your own web address that always will point back to your home network.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
przemko

Post by przemko »

OK, I will do that if I fail with my ISP. Thanks for help.
Regards,
Przemek