Broken installation after update to the latest version Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
valdragas

Broken installation after update to the latest version

Post by valdragas »

Hi,

I have updated to the latest version and now the system does not start, this appears on the screen, what is the problem?

Joulinar

Re: Broken installation after update to the latest version

Post by Joulinar »

Maybe you would like to provide some more information about your system/setup
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
valdragas

Post by valdragas »

Hello

Finally I had to reinstall, the data on the card had got corrupted while updating.

Greetings
tom_shell

Post by tom_shell »

I had a similar problem. Reinstalling definitely works but I have been unsuccessful using the dietpi-update script to successfully update my rPi 3B. The script seems to make it part of the way and then dies with what appears to be eMMC errors. I'm using a samsung 32GB SD card so shouldn't be running out of space. Once the update fails, the rPi will not boot. Reinstalling does work so I don't believe that there is an issue with the SD card.

Any ideas?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

There could be some data corruption leading to these issues. But hard to say as you reinstall already. If you did a fresh install, you should be updated to latest version already.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team