Bug in new Dietpi release ? Bug in drive mount ? Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: Bug in new Dietpi release ? Bug in drive mount ?

Post by Joulinar »

well if you would create such a cron job, it would basically mean to deactivate Synology hibernate function.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Isn't it possible to disable hibernate in Synology directly? E.g. for local drives one could simply disable idle timeout via dietpi-drive_manager (hdparm / /etc/hdparm.conf), instead of having an idle timeout enabled but then making it ineffective via cronjob/systemd timer or such...
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Yes you can disable hibernate function in DSM directly. But @echable would like to keep the hibernate option active to same power as the NAS is not used all the time.

Question is, what happen if the Synology is going into Hibernate mode. Will DietPi loose the connection? Will the connection be reestablished once used?

I will do a test over night and mount my Synology CIFS(SMB) Share to my RPi3B+. Let's see how it looks like tomorrow.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

So my RPi was running whole night with a mounted share from my Synology. I have seen that my Synology disk was going to hibernate without issues. The share was still mounted on the RPi. It did not get lost. Access was still possible this morning. I did not find any issues in journalctl regarding the mount.

Bottome line. A mounted Synology Share is not preventing the Hibernate Mode as well as it stays connected/accessible on DietPi.