DietPiGive your Single-board computer some Lightweight justice. What you'll need:
- 1GB or greater Micro SD card (2GB+ for desktop and multiple software selections).
- Internet Access (Ethernet or Wifi, required to complete the DietPi setup).
- Dedicated USB Drive is highly recommended (Allows DietPi-Software installations to utilize USB over SD).
Step 1 (Download DietPi Image):
Download - DietPi.com
- Download the DietPi image for your board.
For experienced users who want to skip this guide and dig straight in. Here are the login details:
username = root
password = dietpiStep 2:Write to SD card using Windows:
- Unzip/extract the DietPi.7z
image (ideally your desktop).
- Download Win32DiskImager
- Install and Run win32diskimager
- Click open (blue folder) and select the DietPi_v00.img
- Select the Drive Path
to your SD card (eg: d:).
- Click Write
. Verify this is your SD card, then confirm.Write to SD card using Linux:
- Find the device (eg: /dev/sdb1) you need to write to by using blkid
- Double check that you have the correct dev path for your SD card (eg: /dev/sdb1).
- Unmount the SD card and all its partitions by using umount /dev/sdb?
- Write the image using dd if=/path/to/DietPi_vXX.img of=/dev/sdb
.Optional (Wifi):Pre-configure Wifi Details for DietPi
- Goto my computer, select the SD card and open it.
- Locate the file called dietpi.txt
and open it with wordpad.
- Set Wifi_Enabled=1
- Enter your ssid Wifi_SSID=MySSID
(both are case sensitive).
- Save the file.
- Plug the Wifi adapter into your device, before turning it on.Step 3:Turn on your device
- Plug the SD card into your device and turn it on.
- Wait for DietPi to complete the filesystem expansion (this will automatically reboot your device 2 times). Once completed, the login screen will appear.Step 4:Login to DietPi
- username = root
- password = dietpi
- DietPi also comes pre-installed with Dropbear SSH Server
On first login, DietPi will automatically update. Once completed, press enter to reboot the system. You can log back in again to resume setup.Optional (DietPi-Config):DietPi-Config is a feature rich configuration tool for your device:
- Set Overclocking Profiles.
- Setup advanced networking options (static IP / wifi).
- Mount network filesystem shares (Samba / FTP).Click here for a complete list of DietPi-Config options.Optional (Obtain IP Address):Obtaining your IP address
- In all the DietPi guides, we use 192.168.0.100 as the IP address. When reading through the online documentation, and you see a URL link or IP address, you will need to use the IP address on your DietPi system.Click here for details on how to obtain your IP address.Step 5: Select Software to Install:
Now you can install the software you require, or follow one of the setup guides for popular/combo programs:DietPi-Software Details for ALL installation options:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5#p5Minimal image
If you want a minimal image, simply select Go >> Start install
from the menu. This will complete the 1st run setup of DietPi. Additional software can always be installed at a later date.
Additional Help / Setup Guides:(Setup Guide) Accessing files on your DietPi system:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15(Setup Guide) Obtain your IP address:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14(Step by Step Guide) DietPi - Kodi + BitTorrent Combo:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7(Step by Step Guide) DietPi - Hifi + DLNA Server Combo:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16(Step by Step Guide) DietPi - Owncloud:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10