Distro version: bullseye 0
Linux DietPi 5.15.76-v8+ #1597 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 4 12:16:41 GMT 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux
SBC model: RPi 4 Model B (aarch64)
Power supply used: 5V 1A XH-304 from Adafruit
SD card used: SanDisk Ultra
- Software title | (EG: Nextcloud)
- Was the software title installed freshly or updated/migrated?
- Can this issue be replicated on a fresh installation of DietPi?
- Download AlloGUI, latest version, for RPi4b, write image onto SDCard, and boot in RPi2GB
- Access web gui to insure system is running
- Start Windows network mount from Linux Mint nemo: smb://dietpi.local/dietpi/
- Authenticate via username and password documented in forum post: DietPi - Allo.com Web GUI Image - #2 by Fourdee FAQ section > Transfer music to the device (MPD+O!MPD) > Samba Server Details: username = root, password dietpi
- Repeat with smbclient:
smbclient --user=root%dietpi '\\192.168.1.201\dietpi' tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
Authenticate and see directories.
Failure to authenticate
- I installed Webmin, went to Servers > Samba > Samba Users and saw only: dietpi
- Tried username dietpi, password dietpi and all worked. The post is out of date, please edit the username to correct! I do not know what version this changed, but please indicate older versions may use the root username. Thank you.