[SOLVED] qBittorrent - slow download speeds.

I’m experiencing very slow torrent download speeds though qBittorrent, could anyone advise on how to move forward? My client is an rPi4 8GB.

I’m using qBittorrent to download to my external hdd, mounted as /mnt/extdrv. I’m connected to VPN via Wireguard. I’m experiencing download speeds of about 0,5Mb/s, download the same file via computer results in a download speed of about 15 Mb/s (so it’s not a “network” issue). Transferring files to the external drive from Windows via Samba results in a transfer speed of about 50 Mb/s so I don’t think that’s the problem. Files are downloaded to folder Downloads and then moved to the Plex directory by Sonarr/Radarr. The external drive is a 4 TB exfat drive running through USB 3.0.

I’ve seen other posts mentioning this and that it might be a permissions issue, however I’m not really sure what to do. ls -la /mnt/extdrv/ outputs this, if it’s any help:

drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1048576 Jan  1  1970  .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root    4096 Apr  2 01:10  ..
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1048576 Apr  2 19:46  Downloads
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1048576 Apr  1 19:27  Plex
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1048576 Mar 31 23:42 'System Volume Information'

EDIT: Upon further investigation, might I be better off formatting the device as EXT4?

EDIT2: I’ve reformatted the drive to EXT4 and changed the permissons using ‘sudo chmod -R 775 /mnt/extdrv’ and ‘sudo chown -R dietpi:dietpi /mnt/extdrv’. I also made sure that qbittorrent was part of the dietpi group. Download speeds seem to be much better now, so one of those things was probably the issue.

If it was purely a matter of permissions, you wouldn’t be able to write anything on the disk. Most likely the exfat driver is underperforming when it comes to writing on the disk. It’s best that you re-formatted it to ext4.

It’s happening to me now and my hard drive is EXT4, any ideas? I have given it the same permissions as the partner above and nothing, still the same… maybe I should reinstall qBittorrent? the fact that qBittorrent is from the dietpi group, I don’t know how to do it

EDIT: I have reinstalled qBittorrent and it is still the same

you are answering on a topic that is 2 years old. Pls open an own, new one.

Check this qBittorrent download very slow - #37 by KamikazeePL