qBittorrent download very slow

Before it downloaded at more than 15mb, but now it stays below and most of the time it downloads at KB, any ideas? I don’t know what information I should put so that you can help me

What device do you use? And how do you boot? From an external storage?

Raspberry Pi4 4GB. I boot DietPi from a microSD. Toshiba 2TB Canvio Basics USB 3.2. Gen 1.

Ok, my idea was that you maybe use a RPi3, where the USB ports and the network share the same bus, which can lead to slow download speeds.
Can you test your network speed towards the internet (from the RPi)? Is it faster?

Also you could test the ususal tipps:

1. I went back to 4.1.9.1
  2. Tools>Options>Connection: Enabled Protocol - set to TCP (just TCP, not UTP). Uncheck all boxes under ‘Listening Port’ and ‘Connections Limits’.
  3. Tools>Options>Connection: Uncheck all boxes under ‘Rate Limits Settings’.
  4. To rule out my ISP selectively throttling traffic, I set Windows to use 1.1.1.1 as my DNS server.

You can change your DNS on your SBC with dietpi-config.

Sorry I couldn’t reply earlier. I have deactivated all the limits and put the Cloudfare dns and it continues the same. I have qBittorrent 4.2.5, should I update it?

EDIT: To try I updated it to 4.5.3 and it’s still the same

we install qbittorrent-nox from global Debian apt package repository and version depends on your Debian version Debian -- Package Search Results -- qbittorrent-nox

I’ve even tried 4.3.9, which is the one that worked best for me and it was still the same, so I doubt it’s a version problem.

So maybe your ISP is throttling you.

On Windows I don’t have that problem. The same thing happened to me a while ago and it was due to an electrical issue, and I had to change the plug and it was solved… but now that doesn’t work xD

Hmm, do you use ethernet? Maybe try another cable?

I’m going to try it, it hadn’t occurred to me. Also in the Raspberry connection test it gives me more than 400MB. I’ll do the test later

Well I think you don’t have to change it when you get otherwise 400mbit.
I have no other idea than that the peers do not deliver more, which is very unrealistic.

I haven’t been able to test it yet. I have the hard drive plugged directly into the Pi4, couldn’t it be a lack of power?

Hm could be, maybe :thinking:
I had complete system freezes, when I used external drives without extra power, but I had also the whole OS on the external drive.
But when your drive would become unresponsive, qbittorent wouldn’t be able to write anything anymore, I think.
If you have a powered adaptor on hand, just try it.

Besides the Qbit problem, we always recommend using own external power supply or powered USB hub to connect HDD/SDD to the RPi4. This is because the USB ports on the RPi4 are not technically designed to power devices larger than a pen stick.

My power strip has USB, can I power it like this?

I’m not sure if I understand what are your trying to do. When you have an external drive und you plug it into the USB port of a power strip, where does the data go then? :sweat_smile:

With a Y-shaped cable

Ah okay, I didn’t had these in mind :sweat_smile:
Yea sure, it should deliver extra power.

Well, it’s still the same, I don’t know what else to try