Is there any tutorial or guide present where I can start looking at Dietpi codes

Hi. I have recently started using DietPi and it is awesome.

Wanted to know if there is any tutorial or guide present to start working on DietPi core. Or how DietPi works, what are the shell scripts it is using and for what purpose.

Basically kind of a Getting Started kind of Tutorial for the developers.

I know this is a very basic question but still wanted to ask. Would love to contribute to the project, but not sure where to start from.

Also anything particular I need to learn before looking at the DietPi codes

You can have a look into the docs, there is also a chapter about the dietpi tools:

If you want to know more about the dietpi shell scripts and want to have a look into them, you can find them at /boot/dietpi.

And of course have a look at GitHub: GitHub - MichaIng/DietPi: Lightweight justice for your single-board computer!
There are a lot of open issues about enhancements and feature requests where help would be highly welcome. If there is a particular topic you want to tackle, we can provide you with all information and insights required :slightly_smiling_face:.

Yeah we don’t have the pretty nice developer documentation. Some small hints on how to add a software title could be found on our GitHub wiki How to add a new software title · MichaIng/DietPi Wiki · GitHub Don’t hesitate to ask if you have a specific question.

Thank you. Surely I will look into the links you have provided :smiley: