How to install qBittorrent 4.3.9 vesrion

ssh login to Dietpi as ROOT

run: uname -a
→ Linux DietPi 5.10.63-v7l+ #1488 SMP Thu Nov 18 16:15:28 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux
I have installed Dietpi armv7l version on Raspberry Pi 4

go to

https://github.com/userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static
copied commands from
https://github.com/userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static#armv7
https://github.com/userdocs/qbittorrent … atic#armv7

wget -O /tmp/qbittorrent-nox https://github.com/userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static/releases/latest/download/armv7-qbittorrent-nox

Install qbittorrent by Dietpi-software

dietpi-software install 46

Stop qbittorrent service

dietpi-services stop qbittorrent

replace qbittorrent-nox with downloaded one

mv /tmp/qbittorrent-nox /usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox

#change permissions
chmod 777 /usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox

start qbittorrent service

dietpi-services start qbittorrent

check if it started

journalctl -u qbittorrent

#login to qBittorrent
http://IP.ADDRESS.OF.DIETPI:1340/
Login: qbittorrent
password: dietpi

Corrected Guide

Thanks for sharing. Statically compiled binaries, that makes the upgrade easy :slight_smile:. I’m just not too happy that it’s not an official repository (when thinking about our native implementation) :thinking:.

Wishing you a happy new year in advance :tada::fireworks:.

Corrected commands.

Thank you for a quite extensive reply - it’s most appreciated.

I executed these commands as suggested and updated qbittorrent to 4.4.1
It works for now - I will get it some time to see if it become stuck again.
Also, I set the network interface to “eth0”, just in case. As VPN is not being used at all (yeah, my ISP and country doesn’t give a shit yet about hunting down P2P users) there was no other interface listed, except “lo” loopback interface.

Journalctl and “service qbittorrent status” commands show this:

root@KAR01SRV02:~# service qbittorrent status
● qbittorrent.service - qBittorrent (DietPi)
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/qbittorrent.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Sun 2022-03-20 09:56:47 CET; 1min 5s ago
       Docs: man:qbittorrent-nox(1)
   Main PID: 450 (qbittorrent-nox)
      Tasks: 20 (limit: 2198)
        CPU: 371ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/qbittorrent.service
             └─450 /usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox

Mar 20 09:56:48 KAR01SRV02 qbittorrent-nox[450]: Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation
Mar 20 09:56:48 KAR01SRV02 qbittorrent-nox[450]: Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation

Something went wrong?

Downgrade to 4.3.9 I also have problems with 4.4.1 there is something wrong with libtorrent used in qbitorrent.

Hi everybody,

Since I updated qbittorrent to 4.4.1 using KamikazeePL guide posted above, everything works as intended. No more stucked torrent issues. It just works and I am happy :slight_smile: Thanks KamikazeePL once again - I appreciate your time and help.

Since you mentioned having problems with this 4.4.1 version - do you mind to describe the issues, as I do not notice any hiccups on my side.
If there is something you would like me to check so a comparation could be made, let me know.

Also, there is 4.4.2 version out there on the official qbittorrent website… Worth upgrading?

The webui gets stuck when downloading torrents using qbt 4.4.2 version. Not sure if it’s because of the libtorrent version used.

I previously compiled qbt 4.4.1 with libtorrent 1.2.14 and it works perfectly. Thanks for sharing the qbt static version guide.

Hi,

So this guide only points to the latest version of QBittorrent (and I’m having problems with v4.4.5). How do I change the wget to point to version 4.3.9? Many thanks. @KamikazeePL @MichaIng

you need to look for other releases on the above linked GitHub repository Release qbittorrent 4.3.9 libtorrent 1.2.15 · userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static · GitHub

1 Like

go to Releases · userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static · GitHub and select intresting version I stick to 4.3.9 because newer versions didn’t work stable sometimes they stuck WebUI
Here is version which I use
Release qbittorrent 4.3.9 libtorrent 1.2.15 · userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static · GitHub

1 Like

I was experiencing the same behavior as well and downgrading to this version did the trick. Thanks to both for the instructions and help - @Joulinar and @KamikazeePL

After long test qBitTorrent 4.5.5 is working stable