Home Assistant First Boot

Hello,

I just install the home assistant provide from software list.
Everything seems to be ok and i am in main page 192.168.2.1:8123

Try to connect … i put everything i know like the master dietpi password, a username and password that i create … .but nothing seems to work.

Am i miss something here? Please can you help me?

When you connect to home assistant for the first time the onboarding process is started, where you can create a user and set a password.
If you forgot that password you can reset it: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/locked_out/

Did you also follow the docs?

After dietpi-software has finished and the service starts the first time, please go through the following steps manually:

• Run htop and wait until the CPU usage of the homeassistant processes goes down to nearly zero.
  • Run systemctl restart home-assistant
  • Run htop and wait until the CPU usage of the homeassistant processes goes down to nearly zero.
  • Open the HA web UI (see “Access to the web interface” tab). It will again install some Python modules on first access, which can again take a little while. Always check htop if you are unsure, which reveals any currently running Python/pip module install process.

Yes it is quite important to follow the initial setup steps Home Automation Software Options - DietPi.com Docs

Yes i follow the docs precisely.
I dont think i found somewhere to add user and a password

I try I'm locked out! - Home Assistant this and see what happeds.

Thank you

this will be automatically displayed on first attempt to open HA web site. HA will ask automatically to create a new user / password. There is nothing preconfigured on first access.

1 Like

can i go now or must follow the the docs that says i’m locked out?

If there was nothing configured, simply remove HA and try again