[Guide] DietPi on ProxMox

We recognised this, basically dbus is required for ACPI events, which are used to trigger shutdowns/reboots etc from Proxmox and any other virtualizer. Hence it may make sense indeed to enable it at least for Proxmox and ESXi images where you often want to control many VMs without accessing their console/SSH. For qemu-guest-agent to work, for more control, additionally systemd-logind and libpam-systemd are required. Since we currently use a single VM image to derive all images and appliances for the different virtualizers, we’ll see how to achieve this best. There is a dietpi.txt setting to enable systemd-logind during first run setup, which can be set manually for individual appliances, but installing APT packages into an image after DietPi-PREP has finished, is more complicated. Probably we need to add another settings for dbus only so that ACPI can be enabled without the overhead of systemd-logind, i.e. a finer grained setup option for individual applicances.

Hi

I’m experimenting with Proxmox and have it all working. Followed the guide and imported the image as above.
The hard disk is 8GB. How can I expand it’s default size?

Thx in advance

question raised as additional post https://dietpi.com/forum/t/resizing-hd-after-installing-the-proxmox-package/6462/1

Has anyone got it working in non privileged container?
I do not see why Kodi, o!mpd and many more software packages would need a privileged container, besides the VM needs more resources.