Add Mopidy to software options + advanced ALSA configs

As per my thread in general discussion, mopidy is very easy to install and update as they have their own repo, might also need to drag in python-pip so that add ons can be installed (and it would be great if users / permissions could be dietpi’d so that we can use the music box settings add on and let it have the correct write permissions to update the mopidy.conf file.)

Would also be nice (while we’re at it) to provide options for installing dmix and alsaeq (with perhaps some advanced config settings to control the various per-app eqs (again as per the thread in general discussions). Some of this latter stuff will be really helpful for the tie in with justboom IMO.

As per my thread in general discussion, mopidy is very easy to install and update as they have their own repo,

Hi Roth,

Great suggestion :slight_smile:

I’ll take a look after v135 is released. Mopidy flagged for v136 milestone: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/578

Done: Mopidy is now in DietPi v.136

Thanks @Fourdee

Great work on the speedy turnaround, unfortunately I’m seeing a few issues.

The websettings tool doesn’t want to work, the top of the page says ‘Could not load ini file! Parsing failed with several errors. First error at line 14.’ I’ve not looked to check yet which file it’s referring to, any clues? (I’d have throught it was /etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf - but the process is running as root so I don’t understand why it cant write to it)

I added sqlite-local (using apt-get) and updated mopidy.conf the scan runs but each file errors saying ‘attempting to write to readonly database’ how to I gain permission to write the db?

Small error on the ‘about’ page https://dietpi.com/forum/t/resolved-removing-diversion-of-boot-overlays-readme-err/74/1 because mopidy is running as a service the command to update the database is mopidyctl local scan (as we’re using the .conf in /etc/mopidy)

I think that we also need to add to either the guide (or the install) that one needs gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad for .m4a support

Hi Roth,

Very strange, didn’t experience this in testing. I’ll try to replicate, which device did you install it on?

Small error on the ‘about’ page > DietPi Community Forum - Welcome to the DietPi OS Community Forum > … t=80#p3611 because mopidy is running as a service the command to update the database is mopidyctl local scan (as we’re using the .conf in /etc/mopidy)

Done, great spot :slight_smile:

I think that we also need to add to either the guide (or the install) that one needs gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad for .m4a support

We could install this for the user with Mopidy, but its alot of packages:

0 upgraded, 180 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 97.7 MB of archives.
After this operation, 245 MB of additional disk space will be used.

So yes, probably best to have this on the online doc. Done :slight_smile:

Thanks Fordee,

I chmod’d /mnt/dietpi_userdata/mopidy to 777 and the sqlite scan works now.

Still having issues with the websettings tool (and I’ve chmoded /etc/mopidy to 77 7too) not the end of the world as I’m happy directly editing mopidy.conf but it’s just odd that a straight install wouldn’t have it.

This is all on my ‘troublesome’ pi mk1 (that led to all the ffmpeg headaches last year…)

Yeah, the ‘bad’ plugs library is huge, I suspect we only need a few of the actual plugs so I’ll have a play and see if I can suggest a sensible package list that will give maximum compatibility with minimum plugs (or perhaps it goes in dp-software under optional extras?)

Next up, a bit of a play with the new dietpi-justboom settings and see how they work alongside my dmix / eq configs :sunglasses:

Heads up, enabling the EQ requires a overwrite of /etc/asound.conf. So your Dmix settings will be overwritten.