Where is dietpi.txt in the x64 BIOS image?

Creating a bug report/issue

Required Information

• DietPi version | Not installed yet, referring to DietPi_NativePC-BIOS-x86_64-Bullseye_Installer
  • Distro version | See above
  • Kernel version | See above
  • SBC model | x64 PC (with BIOS)
  • Power supply used | 19V, 3.4A
  • SD card used | USB Flash Drive

Additional Information (if applicable)

• Software title | N/A
  • Was the software title installed freshly or updated/migrated? N/A
  • Can this issue be replicated on a fresh installation of DietPi? N/A
    ← If you sent a “dietpi-bugreport”, please paste the ID here →
  • Bug report ID | echo $G_HW_UUID

Steps to reproduce

1. Write image on a Flash drive with Etcher
  2. When done, remove and re-connect the flash drive
  3. Open contents, look for the file called “dietpi.txt”

Expected behaviour

• Find the file “dietpi.txt”

Actual behaviour

• Cannot find the file in any folder in the flash drive

Extra details

• I can locate the file in other images I’ve used (for Rpi’s etc.), but not on the PC version.
    If this is not created automatically, I have the file ready, but I don’t know where I should place it so the installer can find it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

The native PC image contains a single Linux ext4 partition. Therefore you are not able to see it on a Windows computer. This is a different partition layout compare to RPi where we have 2 partition and the boot directory is located on a dedicated vfat partition. In general dietpi.txt is located within /boot directory.

Thank you @Joulinar
I am using Fedora, not Windows, but I still can’t see the file in the /boot directory.
The only thing that’s there is a directory called “grub”
If I was to place the dietpi.txt file in the /boot directory of the flash drive, will it be recognised during the installation?

Ahh now I probably understood what happen. You used the installer image. Means this is not the real DietPi image. It is an installer that could be used to boot from a USB stick and to start an installation dialog allowing to write the real image to some SSD/HDD. Basically we offer 2 different downloads. One with the DietPi image to write it directly on a drive and as alternative the installer. Of course using the installer will not have the dietpi.txt available.

So out of the options below, which is the image that will allow me to change and make use of dietpi.txt?

Select native PC. There you have 2 options. Use the one without installer.

Ah, thank you @Joulinar that makes sense!