Vncserver not works

Good day,
I installed Dietpi PC x86_64 on an little Intel PC ( Acepc T11)
The SSH interface works well
I want to use it remotely with VNC
Everything works well except VNC
“dietpi-software” not work …it seems to work “raspi-config”, but the VNC interface does not exist
I installed VNC from the terminal:

“sudo apt install xfce4 xfce4-goodies tightvncserver”
During the installation it does not give me mistakes … but unfortunately it does not work
Problem:

sudo systemctl start vncserver@1
Job for vncserver@1.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status vncserver@1.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

systemctl status vncserver@1.service
● vncserver@1.service - VNC Service for remote desktop sharing
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/vncserver@.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2022-10-06 11:19:32 CEST; 2min 42s ago
  Process: 19422 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c if [ -f /home/root/.vnc/acepc:1.pid ]; then /usr/bin/vncserver -kill :1 > /dev/null 2>&1 ; fi (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 19449 ExecStart=/usr/bin/vncserver :1 (code=exited, status=98)

Someone could help understand why the service does not start
Thanks

raspi-config is a tool for RPi OS, but on a x86_64 we use plain Debian. Did you tried to install TigerVNC using dietpi-software?

dietpi-software install 28

This is the Realase for PC X86_64 (UEFI) downloaded from the Dietpi website.

“sudo dietpi-software install 28”
sudo: dietpi-software: command not found

If I use command “raspi-config”
diet

we don’t have any raspi-config tool on our images. Can you share the download link?

Could you share content of following directory

la -la /boot/dietpi

Btw can you create a screen print once you have login as user root

I formatted everything, and I try again to install the DietPi … maybe I canceled some important program
When I finished reinstalling it, I let you know if everything works :weary:
Thanks Joulinar

That was most probably not needed. Once login as user root you should be able to use our scripts. However there might be an issue with our images currently. Just share a picture once you login and think’s are not working.

@Marco: I installed the latest UEFI native PC image on my PC (Apple mac mini 2014).
There everything works fine, i.e. dietpi-software is present and raspi-config is not available.

I assume that your running Linux system is any different one or that your (puTTY) session logged into a wrong Rasperry PI instead of your native PC.

1 Like

I apologize to having disturbed all :sob:… I found the problem … unfortunately in the writing phase in Rufus, I selected the wrong ISO and I installed another different OS on my PC :sob:
Now, after installing Dietpi in my PC, I hope to be able to install all the programs I need
Thank you and sorry

1 Like

hehe, yeah we were already wondering how you could open raspi-config :smiley: