Vaultwarden related question

Is it possible to migrate existing vaultwarden sqlite database to mariadb. i will make backup file for my password & then reinstall vaultavarden with mariadb & import my data again in software. so my question is more related to dietpi environment. In dietpi ecosystem how to replace database from sqlite to maridb .

another question related to self signed certificate in vaultwarden, how it generate & where the location of key/certificates for this program. is it way to replace these certificate with my own purchase domain certificates.

In my same system vaultwarden, homeasssitant, adguard, dietpi-dashboard are installed. As by default dietpi system issue self signed certificate to vaultwarden. Is it way i can give selfsigned/pre owned active certificates to homeassistant, adguard, dietpi-dashboard also? as with these softwares no webserver installed so reverse proxy not possible but we can manipulate the config files for these software to use ssl certificates.

letenscrypt/certbot is not option also, because it having a requirement of webserver. for these software webserver is not needed & i do not want to add extra webserver in my system.

Hello,
Why do you want another database ?

but maybe another approach:
install docker with compose and portainer in dietpi.
then i would install nginx proxy, vaultwarden and watchtower. you can link the nginx to the port of vaultwarden with your url.

you don’t need an additional webserver and vaultwarden runs stable in 2 minutes without any problems.

just a suggestion :wink:

question: why do you want to switch database to MariaDB

In dietpi ecosystem how to replace database from sqlite to maridb

DietPi will install SQLite always, as we build Vaultwarden from source with --features sqlite enabled. You are not able to use DietPi install script if your like to use MariaDB and would need to build your own binary with MySQL enabled. https://github.com/dani-garcia/vaultwarden/wiki/Using-the-MariaDB-(MySQL)-Backend

self signed certificate in vaultwarden, how it generate & where the location of key/certificates for this program

This is the code line creating the self signed certificate
https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/blob/dc487cab3aa46fdeda81277edf7afc9c6845f44e/dietpi/dietpi-software#L10510-L10513

They will be created in /mnt/dietpi_userdata/vaultwarden/

Is it way i can give selfsigned/pre owned active certificates to homeassistant, adguard, dietpi-dashboard

Theoretically you could use them on other apps as well. But personally I don’t see a real use case for self signed certs inside a private network, accept an app require it to work probably. For Vaultwarden we create a self signed cert as it’s needed to use Bitwarden apps. Without https they will not connect.

as with these softwares no webserver installed so reverse proxy not possible

You simply could install Nginx from software catalogue, which would be a perfect revers proxy.

letenscrypt/certbot is not option also, because it having a requirement of webserver

not fully correct. If no web server is present, letenscrypt/certbot will start up an own temp one to be able to issue a certificate.