v 6.23.3 update

All good so far:

XU4 - no problems at all.
Z83 - stalled on MariaDB during restart of services after update. Manually stopped the service, rebooted, all good and MariaDB running.
Odroid C2 - with inplace Buster upgrade - no problems.

John

johnvick
Many thanks for reporting.

I also just ran into a MariaDB service start failure directly after DietPi-Software has finished. A reboot solved it, did not occur afterwards anymore. I tested PHP7.3 from Buster on Stretch, not sure if it was related. Status showed:
ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/install -m 755 -o mysql -g root -d /var/run/mysqld (code=exited, status=127)

However this did not break the install run and reboot is done automatically afterwards, so just a minor visual issue.

The big issues with v6.23 indeed were ARMv6 with PHP installed. We did no know that sury.org (the repo of the Debian PHP maintainer that allows installing newer PHP versions on older Debian versions) does not support ARMv6 at all. In combination with Raspbian (where armhf packages are ARMv6 compatible), this leads to the system crash. Not sure how this could corrupt even boot process, but I guess systemd configuration done by APT by this non-compatible package obviously corrupts it completely…

However I blocked the update yesterday for ARMv6 and just released v6.24 as hotfix to solve it.