Update to RPi 6.6, changing file permissions for HDD

I recently updated to 6.6 on RPi 3 Model B and can confirm that much of the optimized software works fine (Pihole, Nzbget, Radarr, Sonarr). However I am having trouble with Plex. Previously I would use folders from an external HDD (formatted as HFSPlus) to source media for Plex. Since the update however, when I alter the mount location and/or permissions through fstab, Plex loses the ability to see the subfolders in my HDD. I tried using Emby and it has this same issue. I also tried to allow write permissions through dietpi-drive_manager but when I try to enable this it does nothing.

This is an example of how I would mount my drive using fstab:
/dev/sda1 /root/drive hfsplus defaults,force 0 0

To get rw permissions I would run:
sudo fsck.hfsplus -f /dev/sda1

I can deal with the default location for my HDD, but if I can’t get write permissions then I can’t use the downloading software. Can you please help me figure out how to address this? Thanks

I figured it out. I just added “force” to the fstab like so:
UUID=ID /mnt/ID auto force,defaults,noatime,x-systemd.automount,nofail 0 0

This allows the drive to be rw and accessible by web interface players. However, if I try to change the mountpoint to something different from the default location set by dietpi, it breaks the ability of the web interface players to access subfolders. The drive would still have rw permissions though.