Update software outside of apt update

Hi there,

I’m using Sonarr and have always relied on apt update to update this software. I’m running into some issues and the first bit of advice I’m getting is to update to v4 (I’m running v3.0.10.1566).

Within Sonarr’s web interface there is an Update button. Am I OK to hi this and update or will this cause an issue/not run correctly with DietPi?

Many thanks

Using the update button inside Sonarr is fine. However it will not update you to v4

ooh, why’s that?

Because Sonarr have rewritten their app and did not require Mono on v4 anymore. There are a couple of steps needed to move from v3 to v4.

Gotcha. Thanks for that additional info.

Do you think v4 be available to us DietPi users at some point in the future?

Of course, until that time have a look at Sonarr version out of date? - #12 by Joulinar

Thanks for this. I think I’ll await the apt-update function. I think the issue I’m facing isn’t Sonarr related, more SABNZB based

There will be no apt package for Sonarr v4. Why? Because Sonarr guys did not provide one anymore. The way I describe on the link above is using official Sonarr update script.

Many thanks for this. Shame the Sonarr folks haven’t helped out, but your instructions worked a treat. Massive thanks.

Is there a similar process needed for Radar?

Thanks again. Superb support, as ever

what version of Radarr you are running?

v5.2.6.8376

It’s telling me there is an update available

use the internal update function of Radarr. This is already v5 which is not based on apt package anymore. Same as for all new *arr apps.

Gotcha. The same true for other updates I see in related apps - namely SABNZB. ie I can update from within the app?

:+1:

that’s the official way using update function inside the *arr apps

Perfect - thanks again