Update Emby Server to Version 4.0?

Hi guys so I am currently a newcomer to the whole Rasperry Pie, selfmade media server/streaming client and wanted to know if it is possible to update the emby server version, it is running a quite old one at the time of writing this.

I also want to know how to connect my hdd to the system, all my files are there and how do i connect my network storage to the Emby Rasperry Pi server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Baumingo
You can try out the new Beta v6.22 which includes the Emby server update: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/2632

We do not force the update of Emby itself when updating DietPi, but you can do that via safely via:
dietpi-software reinstall 41

Generally to mount drives (network and local) use dietpi-drive_manager. It allows mounting Samba and NFS drives to the local file system, after which you can add this to Emby like every other local drive/path.

Thanks a lot for the advice!

One more though, can I conncect to a WD Mybook Live via the Device manager in dietpie? If you don`t know I will just try it :wink:

Just read that this NAS supports CIFS/SMB and NFS, so yes it should work. On the NAS you either need to enable/use Samba/CIFS/SMB (all mean the same, not sure how it is named there) or NFS. You should be presented a server address then, the local IP of the NAS and perhaps some sub folder path and in case user name and password.

In dietpi-drive_manager select add network drive and choose between Samba and NFS, depending on which one you chose on the NAS. Enter the server credentials step by step and the drive should be mounted to your DietPi.

Generally I would recommend NFS, but if you need to or already access via Windows the same way, most likely Samba is already enabled. But not sure how WDs own Windows client connects (so which is enabled by default)…

Thanks for the quick guide, I will try it out with the path you mentioned earlier and hopefully it will work then!