Signed up to say thanks for a great distro.
X86 version is a great tool and allows me time to quickly spin up pi-hole+unbound.
rock solid and handles anything I throw at it. I use a small micro PC to handle what I need. Is there any sort of unbound dashboard for stats? if not I can go create a request in github.
doesn’t have to be masisvely fancy, I know grafana can do it, but most guides seem to not work.
Thanks in advance.
Nope DietPi is not offering Unbound monitoring tools. Anyway there are some plugins that can be used according Unbound docs Monitoring and Reporting — Unbound 1.25.2 documentation
Thanks for that, very helpful
.
I’ll drop a request in, because I think it would be helpful if such a package was available. give the user an option during install if they want the dashboard or not.
Since we do have the Prometheus server in our software catalogue, it would be generally an idea to add the Unbound exporter, linked from the Unbound docs, as another option: GitHub - letsencrypt/unbound_exporter: A Prometheus exporter for Unbound. · GitHub
This can be combined with Grafana, but the Prometheus server has an own minimal web UI as well. Probably there is even some auto-configuration possible, to visualize the Unbound data in one of both of these interfaces, as dashboard template or so.
Munin seems overall simpler, Prometheus and Grafana are probably overkill, it used for Unbound stats only. Hence an alternative would be to add a Munin install option with optional Unbound<>Munin cross-configuration, following the Unbound docs. Just note that our package does not use the /usr/local prefix, but /usr/sbin/unbound-control and /etc/unbound/unbound.conf.
This does not mean that I will start working on this, just that I generally see this as reasonable options to think about, and that I would support any PR done to implement it
.
Agreed - thankyou for your response. Again appreciated.