Creating a bug report/issue

Required Information

• DietPi version | 8.6.1
  • Distro version | bullseye 0
  • Kernel version | Linux DietPi 5.15.32-v8+ #1538
  • SBC model | RPi 3 Model B+
  • Power supply used | 5V 1A RAVpower)
  • SD card used | SanDisk ultra)

Trying to update from 8.6.1 to 8.7.1 and during “Checking DNS resolver” it errors out because it receives no reply. I cannot ping dns9.quad9.net on any device, but I can ping everything else 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8, 9.9.9.9, etc.

Is this related to ipv6 issues that my ISP may be having? I have been having intermittent ISP connection dropouts on my firewalla gold that seem to happen routinely. Need to mess around with disabling ipv6 on everything but I’m not sure of the negative effects. Just want to make sure this issue with my AGH/unbound is caused by or influenced by another issue?

you can switch off IPv6 using dietpi-config and try following

G_CHECK_CON
G_CHECK_DNS

to verify the connection

Thank you for those commands, i’m just a hobbyist so don’t know how to check things like that.

I was able to narrow this issue down to a Verizon FiOS IPV6 equipment upgrade that happened in my area, their new IPv6 equipment is either not configured correctly or they just don’t know what they are doing. So after they upgraded and turned my neighborhood back on, they basically broke IPV6 which was working for me before. I disabled IPV6 on my WAN/LAN connections and within dietpi and everything works, upgraded to latest version, etc.

I really appreciate your help and support and the product itself, thank you.

On the latest DietPi version 8.7.1 we improved the IPv6 check (if IPv6 is enabled). You will get the possibility to disable IPv6 right from the error screen, if we detected issue with the connection. This hopefully will improve user experience.