Still having problem for Odroid xu4

After few hours running dietpi my xu4 stop working and not boot it up anymore , even i re-flash the image not boot up , tried original psu and 6a psu both not boot up blue light flashing 5-6 sec then stop red light on, Tried install ubuntu or android both working without problem not sure why

Do you have a screen attached? We just found an issue with the entropy daemon which could lead to a hanging boot, although done output on screen should be visible already.

I’ll generate a new image on a few hours.

Yes , Actually it’s pretty much the same as this guy

Few days ago it was my 1st time flash the new bullseye image my xu4 won’t boot blue light blink 5-8 sec then stop , no matter what i did it won’t boot even ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 then i tried flash android and 18.04 it boot up and running no problem but still no boot on 20.0.4 and 22.04

The only way i can make it boot again it’s on 18.04 then upgrade to 20.04 with new kernel to 5.4 , After that tried re-flash the dietpi bullseye it boot up again but having many problem i already post yesterday .

I thought i already fixed the issues but after 2-3 hours running my xu4 stop running again and re-flash dietpi again no luck , no boot up on ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 again but 18.04 works and android or retro game image works , Then i tested my original 4a power and 6a power no problem , make sure it’s not a hardware issues because other os works .

I asked ’ andoru ’ tried ubuntu yesterday and today i saw his answer

Thank you, however I’ve tried Hardkernel’s Ubuntu image, and it doesn’t boot from that one either :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
It’s possible that I’m having some issues with the uSD cards or the card readers (even though I’ve used multiple of them), I’ll have to buy new ones and try with those instead.

Is there a specific thing I need to do to update the kernel?

He is thinking it was microsd issues but actually we have the same problem , i found out if dietpi fail to boot then ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 no boot too , The only way make dietpi boot again is flash ubuntu 18.04 then upgrade software and kernel .

This is somehow confusing because DietPi is not running with Ubuntu. So how could you boot DietPi while Ubuntu is installed?

Probably flashing DietPi after Ubuntu 18.04 was flashed and booting. But it’s indeed very strange since flashing DietPi overwrites the whole SD card and bootloader, so there should be nothing left of the previous image, which in turn shouldn’t play a role :thinking:.

Different eMMC to boot not booting 2 os at the same time

I using 2 eMMC and 2 micro sd , of course everytime i re-flash the os i need to use sd card formater to format the microsd/emmc , i don’t know why but it happens if dietpi fail to boot then i use other sd card or emmc for ubuntu 20.04 or 22.04 won’t boot up too just like user ’ andoru ’ . if i flash ubuntu 18.04 to other sd card then xu4 boot again , very interesting troubleshoot .

PS : Other OS like OGST or Android from hardkernel without any problem to boot up and running only dietpi , i am pretty sure it’s not hardware issues

I have nothing problem running dietpi BEFORE bullseye , This bullseye mess up everything , i wish Michalng can release older version before bullseye

I wonder whether the bootloader somehow picks the other card as root partition and then fails to find the matching U-Boot config there or so. You currently have an SD card and an eMMC attached concurrently? Does it help if you flash DietPi to the SD card and remove the eMMC module or the other way round?

No help i didn’t attached emmc and sd at the same time , even xu4 can dual boot with switch but i don’t like it . i usually flash dietpi to emmc , microsd for back up only , my situation just like

We don’t offer older images by purpose. You could install an older Debian release yourself (if available) and use our dietpi-installer to install DietPi on top.

As well you have issues running newer version of Ubuntu. And for sure we are not going to release an image running below kernel version 5.4

The dietpi-installer forces upgrade to at least Bullseye already, but it should preserve the old kernel.