Spotcast

Anybody else with Home assistant custom integration Spotcast problem?
https://github.com/fondberg/spotcast

I’m getting error: Requirements for spotcast not found: [‘spotify_token==1.0.0’].

Since a lot of users confirms it works, but I don’t know on what kind of Home assistant systems are, can someone try and report on Dietpi system?

Tnx!

Hi,

many thanks for your message. Maybe it’s better to raise your question on HA community. I found an extrem long post for Spotcast. There is a user having same error message. But I did not see a solution posted.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/spotcast-custom-component-to-start-playback-on-an-idle-chromecast-device/114232/419

ok

Probably you would need to install spotify-token into your HA installation.

I did not tested it myself and I don’t know if this is working at all but you could give it a try. To be on save side, just do a dietpi-backup before. This ways you are able to restore in case needed.

systemctl stop home-assistant
sudo -u homeassistant bash
. /home/homeassistant/pyenv-activate.sh
pip3 install spotify-token
exit
systemctl start home-assistant

Can’t wait dietpi-backup to complete to try your solution :stuck_out_tongue:

well it’s just a guess, not sure if this is working at all.

I’ll let you and HA community know after success :sunglasses:

Report:
After the libxml2 and libxslt development packages also installed (sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev libxslt-dev python-dev), it’s working!
:smiley: :slight_smile: :wink: :sunglasses:
Tnx for a “spotify-token” tip!

so basically you installed the spotify-token package via pip3 install as I described above. Plus Debian packages libxml2-dev libxslt-dev python-dev? Hmm strange because HA should have it’s own python environment. :thinking:

sorry
python-dev was already installed

only
libxml2-dev libxslt-dev

the spotify-token package installed via pip3 install

yeah, I was thinking the same and first tried to install via debian apt install and it worked

just out of interesst, where did you know to install libxml2-dev libxslt-dev ??

If I remember correctly I got the info from pip during pip spotify-token install - sorry, no ssh log file :roll_eyes:

ok so basically installation of spotify-token did the trick

Correct :sunglasses: