- DietPi version | 8.16
- Distro version | Raspian Bullseye
- Kernel version |Linux DietPi 6.1.21-v8+ #1642 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 3 17:24:16 BST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
- SBC model | RPI 4B
- Power supply used | RPI power cube
- SD card used | Kingston 120Gb SSD
- Software title | (EG: Nextcloud)
- Was the software title installed freshly or updated/migrated?
- Can this issue be replicated on a fresh installation of DietPi`
- …Fresh install of dietpi and cinnamon desktop
- initially had no audio out using the builtin audio (headphone jack) from the command line using speaker-test which was corrected by editing .asoundrc to show the correct card number (changed from card 0 to card 1).
using the cinnamon sound app and using the speaker test option it should state which speaker (left or right) you have selectd.
absolutely no audio out. though running speaker test from then command line works properly.
Just as a double check that it was not a cinnamon desktop problem, I did a fresh install (on a different ssd) of dietpi and after
the initial setup steps used dietpi software to install a mate desktop. (after verifying that .asoundrc was correct ) saw the exact same thing, onboard audio selected but no output in the speaker test using the mate audio app. Command line worked fine.