Sonarr/Radarr permissions denied to NAS over NFS

I’ve seen a few similar issues on the forum, and also in other places, but I can’t find a solution and I’m kind of in permissions hell at the moment with this issue.

I have a Synology NAS which has my torrent client on it and downloads files to a local downloads folder, there is also a television and a movie folder which stores files for playback.

I have a Diet-pi with Sonarr and Radarr (both v3) installed and I have mounted my NAS drive as NFS.

Using Sonarr and Radarr to add new shows for tracking works and adds files to my Download client (Deluge), but I get permission errors when trying to move/copy files to the respective media folders, television or movies.

Sonarr and Radarr are both in the dietpi group, and using sudo -u sonarr touch /mnt/diskstation/television/sonarrtemp.txt successfully creates a new file.

this is the line from fstab for my NAS mount 192.168.1.87:/volume1/video /mnt/diskstation nfs nofail,noauto,x-systemd.automount

I have tried experimenting with Remote Path Mappings in the Download Client Settings screen of Sonarr and Radarr, but that doesn’t really help.

I have also created a dietpi group and user on the NAS machine with read/write access to the top level folder on the NAS

Any ideas where to look next?

Hi,

maybe you can have a look to following post. On Synology you would need to set specific settings to allow change owner https://dietpi.com/forum/t/move-user-data-on-nfs-drive/4953/1

Thanks this seems to have done something… But I’m not sure what.

FIles are moving into the right folders now, but I’m still getting errors reported with existing media, and one new film downloaded has moved into the right folder but Radarr still thinks it hasn’t…

I’ll do some further digging, but this has helped, thank you.