Sonarr/Radarr and network drives...

I just got this all setup on my Pi and running into an issue.

I used the drive mapper and mounted a couple drives. Seems to have no issues aside from not being able to browse those from the user I created. I can browse them fine from dietpi and root users.

When downloading something using sonarr/radarr and nzbget, the files are not importing to their proper directories.
I don’t know how to troubleshoot this at this point.

::Edit::
The user that I have setup is “codenomics” and the remote samba directories are mapped using the user “codenomics” that is a user on the file server"

Sonarr/Radarr are located on the Pi
NZBGet/Plex are located on the media server.
(not sure if that helps anything out)

Hi,

each application is having it’s own user and you would need to add these users to the group that you used to mount the drives. Next to that you would need to ensure the proper write access for that group.

I just set this to 0777 in fstab and it looks like the users all have access now… Still not importing properly. Working on troubleshooting that now.

Can you maybe post ls -la from your mount point.

codenomics@threepointonefour:/mnt/storaid $ ls -la
total 9220
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Apr 10 01:42 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Apr 10 15:56 …
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Apr 10 16:11 anime
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Apr 10 19:48 animovie
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Apr 10 16:13 cartoons
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Apr 7 21:02 ‘laptop timeshift’
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Jun 20 2017 lost+found
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Apr 11 17:31 movies
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Jan 31 2019 ‘Next Cloud’
-rwxrwxrwx 1 dietpi dietpi 8534331 Jul 25 2018 notflix.mp4
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Sep 27 2017 scripts
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Jun 23 2017 temp
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Apr 11 20:12 timeshift
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Apr 11 05:19 tv

User dietpi has mounted the share and is owning the folders. Instead of 777, you could add application users to dietpi group. At least from security point of view a better option :wink:.

Regarding the import issue, you might need to check on the application logs if you see some permission issues. As well you could have a look to samba server logs.

I know 777 isn’t the best option but it was a quick and dirty way to test.

OK, I may be wrong but I think that I know what the issue is, but I don’t know how to fix it

files are downloaded to the media server using nzbget which is on the media server.
My pi has Sonarr.

Pi has mounted samba drives in this case “/mnt/storaid/movies/moviename”
The logs on Sonarr say “Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /storaid/temp/completed/Movies/moviename”

I noticed that the paths are different. Sonarr won’t have access to “/storaid” like nzbget does. Sonarr would have access to “/mnt/storaid”

I may be way off base here though.

I guess I can just run NZBGet on the pi and possibly solve this issue right now

and if you try to mount the samba share to /storaid on the RPi instead of /mnt/storaid/?

Yeah… I could do that… Don’t come at me with simpler things to do… Ugh! :stuck_out_tongue:

well… I got that squared away…

Now throwing more errors in the logs

DownloadedMovieImportService
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /storaid/temp/completed/Movies/Green.Book.2018.720p.BluRay.x264-x0r English

If it ain’t one thing, it’s another

you need to ensure the the file patch is existing and that applications users have the proper r/w access. Maybe you can check file permissions.

Honestly… At this point, this is really more trouble than it is worth.
I assumed that since this was all automated during setup that this would be pretty simple.
I have changed groups, added users, spent quite a while trying to troubleshoot all this.
I had no issues with my previous setup, I just wanted to do something with the Pi lol.

Of course if you are running everything on one device it’s much easier.

I understand that. Should be a lot simpler than this though.

ok, so I started from scratch. I got Radarr working great, still having issues with Sonarr though.

Couldn’t download image /mnt/dietpi_userdata/sonarr/MediaCover/2/poster.jpg for [269586][Brooklyn Nine-Nine]. Access to the path is denied.: Access to the path is denied.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied. —> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted

Couldn’t import episode /storaid/temp/completed/TV/Brooklyn.Nine-Nine.S07E01.Manhunter.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb/78ba89f0224a455e8dd845c01d48dfca.mkv: Access to the path is denied.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied. —> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted

This is the /mnt/dietpi_userdata/sonarr/MediaCover/ dir

drwxr-xr-x 4 sonarr dietpi 4096 Apr 13 03:47 sonarr

This is the /storaid/temp/completed/ dir

drwxrwx— 2 dietpi dietpi 0 Jul 25 2018 completed

In theories, all application users for Sonarr and Radarr should belong to dietpi user group. And this user group should have write permissions to all folder (means 775 permission)

At least on the Sonarr folder it looks like read permission only for dietpi user group.

drwxr-xr-x 4 sonarr dietpi 4096 Apr 13 03:47 sonarr

I even tried that with the 0777 perms and sonarr is added to the dietpi group.

Whenever a new dir is added to the MediCover dir it give those same “drwxr-xr-x 2 sonarr dietpi” permissions.

I am still learning about all this so I am at a loss on what is happening here. Enough reading and I will get this squared away.

ok found this one for Sonarr on DietPi user guide

https://dietpi.com/forum/t/resolved-execute-code-at-startup-automatically/92/1

pls have a look to Advanced settings in Sonarr and check if file mask is set to 664 as well as
folder mask is set to 775