Sonarr errors on web access

Hi,

I think since a recent update to Dietpi, Sonarr has failed to load. Sorry I can’t be specific with when it failed as I wasn’t checking it often.

The service appears to run fine but I constantly get the “Failed to load series from API” error when trying to access via web. I have reinstalled it, and restarted it multiple times.

I’m on latest DietPi - bullseye, on a XU4. I have Radarr installed and that’s working fine.

Not sure of best troubleshooting steps. I found some stuff relating to Mono on the XU4 and the cores it runs on: https://old.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/bnnyhc/monosonarrradarr_keeps_crashing_and_mono_leaving/en9d8ha/
Although when trying to change the CPU Affinity of sonarr service (to 4-7) using the process tool the setting doesn’t save properly (going back into the tool after restarting the service shows Affinity of 0-7 again).

Thanks for the help…

I also randomly get other errors like “Failed to load custom filters from API”

I’ve had these issues intermittently in the past, but refreshing a few times or restarting the service has made them go away. But not this time…

This has all nothing to do with CPU, Mono or anything like that, Sonarr fails to access an API. Probably the API of an indexer or downloader you use has changed, so that the request of Sonarr fails. Did you do a clean Sonarr reinstall, i.e. deleting all data/settings? Otherwise, to avoid loosing all that, try to delete and re-add indexers and downloaders, in case Sonarr has updated the API requests already but they are not migrated automatically. Also using another indexer, for testing at least, would be an idea.

Thanks MichaIng. I wanted to avoid loosing data initially so didn’t do a clear re-install. And I couldn’t access the web settings to remove an indexer (although I guess that could be done manually with a config file).

In the end my issues were solved by simply deleting the /var/log/sonarr/logs.db file. Then everything worked fine.

Bringing this up again - I keep getting these errors with sonarr. Deleting the log file is a very temporary fix.

Is it impossible that it’s related to the cores on the XU4?
Either way, the issue I mentioned originally about affinity values not saving for a process appears to be a bug…

It definitely appears related, because if I execute the following to turn off cores 0-3 sonarr then loads fine:

echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online 
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/online 
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/online

I’ll see if it remains stable

Thanks

Very strange. If you tried to apply CPU affinity via dietpi-services, this was indeed a bug in DietPi v8.0, fixed with v8.1. Never heard of Sonarr having an issue with logging when using multiple cores. Probably something to report to Sonarr devs. At least they may have an idea how to debug: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues

May RAMlog be an issue? Could you try to remove the syminks to /var/log so that Sonarr is logging into its persistent data directory?

rm -Rf /mnt/dietpi_userdata/sonarr/logs*