[SOLVED] Enable DietPI boot to Pimoroni HyperPixel display

But this is wrong, the image is pretty bad, you have to install the new driver/dtoverlay and then use the new config section.

I guess I’ll start over, i installed the legacy drivers.

are you using 64bit? If yes, legacy driver was the incorrect one. On current version, drivers should be build-in. This is a note from their install instructions

Pi 3B and Pi 4 users running the latest and greatest Raspberry Pi OS should forego our installer and use the instructions below.

And the info from thier web site

Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye includes major changes to how DPI display drivers work. If you’re using an image dated 04/04/2022 or later, it will come with Hyperpixel drivers baked in and you don’t need to run the installer. You can set up display and touch by adding a few lines to your boot/config.txt:
PSA: HyperPixel 4 (Square & Rectangular) on Raspberry Pi OS 2022-04-04

Yeah i think it is the 64bit version. I might give 32 bit a shot as well.

why would you do that?

Some apps that I want to use don’t work on 64bit arm.

The driver’s are built into the newest raspberry pi os. I have this screen working on that os by only editing the config txt.

I don’t think the driver’s are built into dietpi. I tried doing the same on dietpi and it did not work.

Well i managed to get it working. I manually copied the config.txt and the three hyperpixel overlays from my working raspbery pi os install over to my freshly baked dietpi install.

1 Like