Samba Error Mounting Synology Share

So, I’m not exactly sure what I did but I have a few week old Synology NAS that I was able to get mounted to my raspberry pi. I use the pi to download movies and then filebot to move the files to my NAS.
This was working as of a few days ago but I ended up recreating the Media folder where I store my movies in and I messed up either a permission thing or disabled SMB or NFS setting on my synology.

Anyone know what exactly I need to modify in either to mount the drive to my raspberry pi ? is Samba or NFs better?

Thank you!

This is the error message I get when I try to mount it via Samba:

[FAILED] Samba mount failed with the following error output:                                                         │                       
                      │                                                                                                                      │                       
                      │ mount error(2): No such file or directory                                                                            │                       
                      │ Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)                         │                       
                      │ mount error(2): No such file or directory                                                                            │                       
                      │ Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)                         │                       
                      │ Retrying with upper case share name                                                                                  │                       
                      │ mount error(6): No such device or address                                                                            │                       
                      │ Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)

I got NFS to work. I was unclear how to mount the folder since it doesn’t give that option. I had to add the exact location in my script and noticed after it ran it mounted 3 folders:

192.168.1.175:/               2.3G  1.8G  473M  79% /mnt/nfs_client
192.168.1.175:/volume1         14T  4.7T  9.3T  34% /mnt/nfs_client/volume1
192.168.1.175:/volume1/Media   14T  4.7T  9.3T  34% /mnt/nfs_client/volume1/Media

is that how NFS works?

Still can’t get Samba to work but guess it really doesn’t matter. Would like to know why it doesn’t work as well as which option is better (faster?) than the other.

I would use NFS, if possible. SMB only for the share from a windows machine.

NFS works like:
A NFS server shares a folder (config at /etc/exports. But I guess the Synology NAS is web-based, so you configure everthing via the web browser).
And Clients can mount this shared folder into there filesystem.

It looks like you’re sharing 3 shares folders on the Synology: /, /volume1 and /volume1/media?
And you mounted them to /mnt/nfs_client/* on your Pi.
And you can mount them at boot, if you want, without the script. Have a look here:

How to mount NFS shares: https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-mount-an-nfs-share-in-linux/

for general file stuff use smb/samba (common to whole lan - easier)

for linux use nfs or sshfs is a preferred option (nothing stopping you from using both)

sounds like you did not setup both share and drive permissions / properties on your NAS when you reconfigured it…

can you share following

showmount -e <ip_of_synology>
cat /etc/fstab