Rpi 3B+ load How can I make Roon Bridge load during boot

Hello,
First thank you to all the great people involved in doing the heavy Linux lifting so the Linux illiterate like me can enjoy the fruits of your labors.
I have just loaded the Allo GUI (8.17.2) to test Roon Bridge on my Rpi.
Setup is Win 10 Roon Server. to router. WiFi to Rpi and USB DAC to Amp.
All working correctly.

I would like to find an image or edit this one so that Rpi will boot Roon Bridge each time it powers up automatically.
Currently i have to turn Roon Bridge on manually via the Allo Web interface each time i reboot the Pi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Roon bridge should start automatically after boot.
Can you check systemctl status roonbridge

@Jappe

root@DietPi:~# systemctl status roonbridge
● roonbridge.service - Roon Bridge (DietPi)
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/roonbridge.service; disabled; vendor pr                                              eset: enabled)
     Active: inactive (dead)
root@DietPi:~#

Can you also show journalctl -u roonbridge.service.

@Jappe
Rpi booted and all services loaded.

root@DietPi:~# journalctl -u roonbridge.service
-- Journal begins at Tue 2023-05-23 03:18:02 BST, ends at Tue 2023-05-23 03:20:16 BST. --
-- No entries --

Reboot Rpi then select Roon Bridge from the allo.com Web Page as per the Distro instructions

root@DietPi:~# journalctl -u roonbridge.service
-- Journal begins at Tue 2023-05-23 03:18:02 BST, ends at Tue 2023-05-23 03:23:36 BST. --
May 23 03:23:33 DietPi systemd[1]: Started Roon Bridge (DietPi).
May 23 03:23:34 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.011 Warn:  get lock file path: /tmp/.rnbgem998-
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.497 Trace: [childprocess] using unix child process
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.573 Debug: PathForResource, filename: ../.update
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.683 Debug: PathForResource, candidate: /opt/roonbridge/Bridge/../.update
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.690 Debug: PathForResource, filename: RAATServer
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.690 Debug: PathForResource, candidate: /opt/roonbridge/Bridge/RAATServer
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.691 Debug: PathForResource, filename: RoonBridgeHelper
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.691 Debug: PathForResource, candidate: /opt/roonbridge/Bridge/RoonBridgeHelper
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: Initializing
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.738 Info:  Starting /opt/roonbridge/Bridge/RoonBridgeHelper
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: 00:00:00.785 Info:  ConnectOrStartAndWaitForExit RAATServer, path: /opt/roonbridge/Bridge/RAATServer
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: Not Running (.o)
May 23 03:23:35 DietPi Roon Bridge[2214]: Running
May 23 03:23:36 DietPi Roon Bridge[2234]: 00:00:00.036 Warn:  get lock file path: /tmp/.rnbhgem998-

I will try to recreate and test this somewhen today.

@MichaIng do you know if Roon Bridge is supposed to start automatically on Allo images?

@Joulinar
It appears that the Allo image is designed to allow the user to try a number of options with the same image via the allo.com web interface.
My use requirement is simply to have Rpi boot Roon Bridge on powerup.
Perhaps there is another image already built to do this but not currently displayed on the Diet-Pi web page under the Rpi selection?
As i am not a Linux as a first language speaker it would appear that the Allo web page activates the loading of Roon Bridge on the Rpi after the user makes a selection from the Allo menu of options that displays on the Web page.
Perhaps someone might be able to guide me to edit the linux startup file that runs on boot to activate the Roon Bridge service that seems to be loaded in the image but set not to run until commanded.

If you don’t need the Allo GUI, just choose the standard image and install roon bridge via dietpi-software, it will autostart the service on boot.

Roon Bridge, along with all other installed audio services, should start OOTB. But there was some bug that at least GMediaRender did not start. I fixed this but need to release the new version + create new Allo GUI images: Allo.com image - from Web admin page, gmrender service enable FAILS - No gmrender.service file · Issue #48 · MichaIng/DietPi-AlloGUI · GitHub

New images are building: DietPi-Build · MichaIng/DietPi@a18ac82 · GitHub
They will show up here once ready: Index of /downloads/images/testing
If flashing a new image is okay, please let me know whether these work. Else, this should do it on your system:

systemctl enable roonbridge
dietpi-software reinstall 160

@Jappe
Thank you for your help.
I have loaded the standard image and configured it as per your instruction and that is working correctly.

@MichaIng
Do i understand your comment correctly that the Allo image is supposed to permanently apply the selections from the Allo web page to the image so that after a Rpi reboot those services will load without having to manually select through the Allo web interface each time?

And to that end you are / have created a new Allo image?

If so is it DietPi_RPi-ARMv8-Bullseye_AlloGUI.7z 2023-05-24 21:05 332M?

If so that would be quite helpful because the Allo image i was using
also includes the service that allow the Rpi to also accept Airplay traffic.

Yes exactly. There were two issues:

• Prior to DietPi v8.16, services were “disabled” (meaning that the init system did not start them at boot) but DietPi boot scripts started them manually. Now, services are supposed to be “enabled” so that the init system starts them at boot and DietPi boot scripts won’t do this manually anymore. The Allo GUI however was not updated to align with this change, so it did not “enable” services. The new version does this correctly.
  • Related to this change, dietpi-software now enables services after software installs, but it does this at the very end of the installation process. Our automated Allo GUI image generation script however terminated before services were enabled. This does not affect services which are installed as part of a DEB package, since then the service is enabled during the package installation itself, but the Roon Bridge service is deployed manually without any package, so it needs to be enabled explicitly. I adjusted our image generation script to enable all services before terminating.

Generally, service start on boot can be controlled via

systemctl enable roonbridge

respectively

systemctl disable roonbridge

now, like with any other system service.

I pushed another update last night, as there was still a bug about how Allo GUI showed the GMediaRender service state. But yes, that link is correct. Would be great if you could give it a try, then I will move it to stable downloads.