Resolv.conf doesn't change and is reverted

Been running dietpi headless on an Intel N5095 with static ethernet NIC.

I have tried using both the dietpi-config and manually editing resolve.conf. Shortly afterward it is reverted to “Static DNS : [1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8 192.168.1.1]” as noted in the dietpi-config screen.

I figured it is dhcp doing this as a result of the wireless nic being on. Can anyone advise where this is being set and how it can be overridden?

Thanks for any tips.

Linux DietPi 5.10.0-21-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.162-1 (2023-01-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Did you maybe forget to save all changes and restart networking in dietpi-config?
And maximum DNS values are 2, not 3. (in dietpi-config, I think you can add more in resolv.conf but I’m not sure if this will be persistent, at least when you change your network config with dietpi-config it will get overridden.)
I set it with dietpi-config and its persistant.

I guess there is some DHCP client still running in background overwriting the settings.

This is my guess but I do not see where to override it. I did not forget to save.

Turning off the wireless nic in config stops the behavior but having it on it continues to get overridden.

is the WiFi interface copnnected to a wireless network?