Requests: new Pi bult-in download image.

Wonder if the 8.3 fixed could built-in image? Reason is my Pi hang after all the necessary software install, and already like the 6th install now, so much time consume with that WiFi bug. I saw lot of fixed this time around and wonder if you guy could built a new image. Thank you.

Maybe you can share some more information on what WiFi bug you are referring to. As well what exactly is your issue? Because a new install will automatically be updated to latest DietPi version available, on first initial boot.

WiFi Bug, these two problems was bake in with the previous image so any time new install gonna have these error before it update.
Raspberry Pi
Resolved an issue where enabling and using onboard WiFi during first run installs was failing if a reboot was done after first run update due to a kernel upgrade. Many thanks to @matteocarnelos for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5391
Network
Resolved an issue where the systemd network targets could have been reached before the network adapter was even detected. Many thanks to phpBB:Totila for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/dietpi-8-2-2-wireguard-doesnt-start-after-reboot/6415/1

https://dietpi.com/forum/t/nfs-hangs-after-upgrade-reboot/6481/1 ← I’m pretty sure this might what I have, the Pi will not reply to any command at all. I’m still eliminate probably causes.

these reports don’t have any relation to a system not booting up

First one is about WiFi not being enabled on first boot if a kernel upgrade is applied same time. But I understood you already configured software and system is not booting now?

The 2nd issue is related to Wireguard service starting to early, before network connection could be established. But this has no relation to your issue as system is still starting up. Just the Wireguard service failed. This has been fixed.

3rd issue is about NFS not being able to mount anymore. This has no relation to WiFi at all. The system is booting and available. Just a NFS share could not be mounted.

I think you mix up, I’m booting up fine, the new install process was fine too, and it only stuck at the kernel-update, like there no internet connection then it give me an option to go to dietpi-config and I keep turn off and on ipv6, wifi, internet connection test after a while it will continue on installation…
I’m not 100% what the bug is in that process that why I never make report. I’m only assume that fix could relate to this.

thanks for clearing what this fix is, it not relate then.

This probably where the system hang happen after finish mount NFS, the system seem slow, then I do the reboot command, the Pi did reboot then hang ( I can ssh to the Pi and it show up correct time banner, but any command will either not send or process, even reboot command do nothing at all). This is where I repeated the process of doing fresh install again.
All of this used to work before, I just pick a bad time to do the fresh install & upgrade from buster.

think you mix up, I’m booting up fine

Probably you should take your time to describe your issue more in detail right from the beginning. This would help a lot to understand your issue. Actually it’s a lot of guessing and really hard to follow you.

and it only stuck at the kernel-update, like there no internet connection then it give me an option to go to dietpi-config and I keep turn off and on ipv6, wifi, internet connection test after a while it will continue on installation…

It would be helpful to share the exact error message you are facing

system hang happen after finish mount NFS, the system seem slow, then I do the reboot command, the Pi did reboot then hang

Usually shares are not mounted during boot or on loging. They are mounted if they are needed/accessed only. You could give some more details on this. What is the share used for? Did you try to setup the system without NFS share? Does it behaves same?

I just pick a bad time to do the fresh install & upgrade from buster

What does it mean? Are you starting from a buster image always?

As already told above. A new fresh setup will install latest DietPi v8.3 automatically. Always. This happen before you do any software installation or NFS share configuration. Means am image containing 8.3 would behaves exactly same.

Nevermind, I’m asking new image before I try, 100% smooth this 7th install.

Good before any NFS setup, hang after set it. This is the reason I’m keep doing the reinstall.

I set the mount on fstab and have a crontab @reboot mount -a. Always work before, I’m going setup samba instead now.

No I install from the current download page it have v8.1.2 built-in, you can ignore this request, new fresh install only took like 3 minutes, before was like 10+.
Yes it work perfect before any NFS involve, I only said there was an error that make new fresh install take longer, this no longer the case now.

the installation time depends on the amount of apt packages that needs to be installed/updated on first initial setup. And of course, if there is a kernel update, it will take time. Same time will be needed if RPI developer will release next kernel version. This is all as exspected.

To mount a NFS share, I would recommend to use our drive manager tool. We set some specific options to avoid mounting a share right during boot.

RPi images have all been updated. When you download, please check the timestamps if the extracted files, whether it is dated this April, since it may be possible that Cloudflare still serves the old image from the cache. In that case, please report here, then I’ll clear the cache.