Reboot Issue on Odroid HC4 with DietPi Bullseye

I’ve encountered a persistent issue with my Odroid HC4 system running DietPi Bullseye where it fails to reboot properly. Despite successful initial boot-ups, any attempt to reboot through sudo reboot or automatic system reboots results in the hardware powering on (fans and LEDs light up) without the OS loading. I have to unplug then replug the power cable to to recover.

System Configuration:

• System Version: Linux DietPi 6.1.63-current-meson64
  • DietPi Image: DietPi_OdroidC4-ARMv8-Bullseye.img.xz
  • Additional SPI Files from Linux Factory:
    • spiupdate_odroidhc4_20201222.img.xz
    • spiboot-20220317.img
  • Storage: MMC

Initially, my system struggled to boot, getting stuck during network setup after loading from MMC post-Petitboot SPI timeout. I managed to bypass this by manually skipping SPI, eventually clearing the SPI to ensure DietPi takes over directly, which allowed the system to boot successfully from the MMC.

Current Reboot Issue:

Now, although DietPi boots up without issues, reboot attempts (manual or automatic) don’t successfully reload the OS. The reboot sequence starts, but the OS doesn’t seem to engage despite the hardware showing signs of activity.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Reviewed journalctl logs without finding entries corresponding to reboot attempts.
  • Turned off RAM logging and enabled persistent logging, but this did not yield useful information.
  • Attempted reboots under various hardware conditions (without HDMI, USB, the fan connected, and with fan control disabled) to isolate the issue, all without success.

I’m reaching out to the community for insights or guidance on the following:

• Potential reasons for the OS failing to load post-reboot.
  • Specific logs or diagnostic tools that might offer clues.
  • Any known resolutions or workarounds for similar issues with DietPi on Odroid HC4.

I appreciate any help or suggestions you can provide as I navigate this challenge. Thank you in advance for your time and support.