Raspotify Justboom EQ no effect

Hi,
I installed Raspotify on my Allo USBridge .It plays Music but with no effect on the Justboom EQ. It seems Raspotify outworks the Justboom Equlizer. Other sources (foobar-GMRender) playing through the EQ and taking effect. Any suggestion?
Regards Christoph
Edit Ups the attechments disappeared?!
Dietpi.JPG
EQ.JPG
Asloa output.JPG
ASLA output.JPG
Dietpi.JPG

Asla Mixer

Raspotify

ASLA Output

First: Foobar-GMRender EQ Justbom works
Second: Spotify-Raspotify EQ Justboom not working

Indeed the issue is that Raspotify skips ALSA and connects to a chosen sound device directly. This means it also skips the equalizer. There is an open issue about that with a solution that seems to work: https://github.com/dtcooper/raspotify/issues/23

I hope you can verify that it is working. If so I think we should implement it into our Raspotify installer to avoid confusion.

Guys, could anyone please point me to instructions about installing Raspotify?

Many thanks

What about following the official install guide from Raspotify?

https://github.com/dtcooper/raspotify

I did first hand but my board is an armv8 NanoPi NeoPlus2 and the automatic installer fails.
Further to this the manual installation won’t work either.

Hi,

according Raspotify install guide, you would need to run Raspbian. But best to my knowledge, the Debian base image for NanoPi NeoPlus2 is based an Armbian and not Raspbian. Anyway what exactly is your issue if you use the manual instillation method?

Thank you much for getting back so promptly.

Based on your above reply, I abandoned Armbian and went with friendly core Xenial image.
I tried the manual installation. At first there were some missing dependencies which I installed and seemed like raspotify was installed.

However, checking its status with

service raspotify status

I get the errors below:

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/raspotify.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Sun 2020-05-03 13:40:30 BST; 92ms ago
  Process: 2323 ExecStart=/usr/bin/librespot --name ${DEVICE_NAME} $BACKEND_ARGS --bitrate ${BITRATE} $CACHE_ARGS $VOLUME_ARGS $OPTIONS (code=killed, signal=ILL)
  Process: 2320 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown raspotify:raspotify /var/cache/raspotify (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 2317 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -m 0755 -p /var/cache/raspotify (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 2323 (code=killed, signal=ILL)

May 03 13:40:30 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 03 13:40:30 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
~
~

I know we’re going beyond DietPi’s territory but any help will be great! :slight_smile:

you could have a look to journalctl

journalctl -u raspotify.service

It reports:

-- Logs begin at Sun 2020-05-03 19:30:24 BST, end at Sun 2020-05-03 21:44:24 BST. --
May 03 19:30:24 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 03 19:30:24 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
May 03 19:30:34 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling
May 03 19:30:34 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Stopped Raspotify.
May 03 19:30:34 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Starting Raspotify...
May 03 19:30:34 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Started Raspotify.
May 03 19:30:34 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Main process exited, code=killed, statu
May 03 19:30:34 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 03 19:30:34 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
May 03 19:30:44 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling
May 03 19:30:44 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Stopped Raspotify.
May 03 19:30:44 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Starting Raspotify...
May 03 19:30:44 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Started Raspotify.
May 03 19:30:44 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Main process exited, code=killed, statu
May 03 19:30:44 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 03 19:30:44 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
May 03 19:30:55 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling
May 03 19:30:55 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Stopped Raspotify.
May 03 19:30:55 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Starting Raspotify...
May 03 19:30:55 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: Started Raspotify.
May 03 19:30:55 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Main process exited, code=killed, statu
May 03 19:30:55 NanoPi-NEO-Plus2 systemd[1]: raspotify.service: Unit entered failed state.

Thank you so much for your help! :sunglasses:

hmm unfortunately no real error message. Maybe you can try to run raspotify executable manually.

/usr/bin/librespot --name NanoPi-NEO-Plus2

does it give anything?

No… i\t reports ‘‘illegal instruction’’. :roll_eyes:

and running /usr/bin/librespot only?

Yes the same - illegal instruction.
However I can navigate with cd to /usr/bin/ directory and in there I can see librespot.

My guess, you are not running Raspbian as base image. Probably that’s why you are not able to start the executable. But this is really just a guess.

Yes that’s the definitely the problem here as my OS is the Ubuntu Xenial img compiled by Friendly Elec.
I wish there was a more universal version of that Raspotify thing.
I guess I have to look for another Spotify-Connect client that will work with Ubuntu.

Thanks for all your help anyway. This is much appreciated.

Or go for a Raspberry Pi board :wink:

I got all RPis! I previously used a RPi Zero on that streamer I had built.
I got it fit on an old B&W Zeppelin speaker and made it to get power from the ipod dock.
The problem is that the dock cannot power the RPi2 or RPi3.
However, It can power RpI Zero and the NanoPi NeoPlus2.
There’s where the other problem comes:
While on Zero I could run Raspotify, I couldn’t run another essential software for my streamer- the Roon Bridge. The Pi Zero is armv6.
The NeoPlus2 can run Roon Bridge (that software requires armv7 architecture or later) but it can’t run Raspotify!

Go figure! :cry: