RasPlex (PLEX client for Rpi and SBC's)

Saw only one entry about this from like 2016

Solution for the anemic transcoding of SBC’s

What is RasPlex
RasPlex is an Entertainment Center Solution for Raspberry Pi
Simply put, RasPlex lets you turn your TV into a Smart TV. Similar to the AppleTV, but completely free and open source, RasPlex is basically a set-top box that lets you play content from your computer or smartphone to your TV.

RasPlex is a Plex Client
More technically stated, RasPlex was a complete port of Plex Home Theater for Raspberry Pi. Since October 2015, when Plex Inc abandoned PHT, the Rasplex Team continued to build on its success by moving the code base to later versions of Kodi and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. RasPlex currently uses LibreELEC as it’s base OS.

RasPlex is the Perfect Companion to a Plex Media Server
Many people will use expensive computers or set top boxes as Plex Clients, or have to go through the inconvenient of plugging a computer in to their TV every time they want to use Plex. With RasPlex, just plug it in and you’re media is always ready. Put one on every TV, and have your media everywhere! You can even put RasPlex on your friend’s TV’s, and watch your media remotely.

Allows the RPI to be used to play PLEX on TV but using transcoding from much more powerful processors

S-9USnW-aOc

It’s a client AND an OS in one, so it’s gonna be difficult if not impossible to integrate with dietpi AFAIK

For something similar, we have kodi with plex addon or plexkodiconnect addon

Ah fooey…I thought maybe the .bin file was a program that ran over the top of an existing install

Looks like it builds it and the flashes it to an SDCard…darn

Ah well…found this

Hello Plex users!

Because there is no official packages of Plex Media Player for Linux desktop I have decided to create one.

Instead of building multiple packages for all different packaging systems (DEB, RPM, Snap, Flatpack) and even different distribution releases (separate DEB for Ubuntu Trusty, separate DEB for Ubuntu Xenial,…) I wanted to make things as simple as possible for us Linux users. So I’ve used an AppImage format for this.

I know it works because I have it setup on a KODLIX GK45 right now with Ubuntu 20.04 and it runs like a champ (however it is using the AMD64 bit kernel)