Problems after upgradin to Bullseye

I was able to upgrade to bullseye.

I use my Odroid Xu4 as small NAS, with plex (runing fine), webmin (also OK), Nextcloud (doesn’t work, I use Lighttpd just for the record), Transmision (working fine), jellyfin (not working), I also had PiHole but I uninstalled, it wasn’t working anyway.

Now when I do try to install any software using dietpi-software command, I get errors like this:

[code]#### Details:
- Date           | Fri Nov 12 19:45:29 CET 2021
- Bug report     | 09b1024c-be80-4175-9483-be16d310f025
- DietPi version | v7.7.3 (MichaIng/master)
- Image creator  | DietPi Core Team
- Pre-image      | Meveric
- Hardware       | Odroid XU3/XU4/MC1/HC1/HC2 (armv7l) (ID=11)
- Kernel version | `Linux DietPi 4.9.61+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Nov 18 15:15:45 UTC 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux`
- Distro         | bullseye (ID=6)
- Command        | `curl --key  --connect-timeout 8 --retry 1 --retry-delay 4 -sSvT 09b1024c-be80-4175-9483-be16d310f025.7z s`
- Exit code      | 6
- Software title | DietPi-BugReport
#### Steps to reproduce:
<!-- Explain how to reproduce the issue -->
1. ...
2. ...
#### Expected behaviour:
<!-- What SHOULD happen? -->
- ...
#### Actual behaviour:
<!-- What IS happening? -->
- ...
#### Extra details:
<!-- Please post any extra details that might help solve the issue -->
- ...
#### Additional logs:

Any help?

I checked my ethernet adapter, static IP, and working inside home, but no luck accessing outside my network…

Not even with DHCP…

Just in case that can help.

What is the DNS server you are using?

cat /etc/resolv.conf

Btw, what is the issue with Pihole? Usually it’s working well and one of the most popular software on DietPi.

This is what “cat /etc/resolve.conf” looks on my system:

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
# is the systemd-resolved stub resolver.
# run "resolvectl status" to see details about the actual nameservers.


After I upgrade to Bullseye I had problems with PiHole so I decided to uninstall it…

I needed to recheck several times the upgrade process coming from Buster to Bullseye, finally I was able to upgrade without errors, and also followed the instruction to migrate some applications.

My idea was to uninstall the applications not working and reinstall them…

The most important one is Nextcloud, which hasen’t started back again…

We could check the issues one by one. Most of the are known. As well PiHole we could have fixed. Now as you uninstall PiHole, your installation is still trying to use it. As you can see, your system is trying to use localhost as DNS server. This we would need to correct.

rm /etc/resolv.conf
echo -e 'nameserver' > /etc/resolv.conf

DNS resolution should be working now.


That did work, now I can continue reinstalling everything.

Great job…