Which software play the videos on dietpi? is it hardware accelerated with raspberry pi 3 and 4?
many thanks for your report. Well there are quite a lot of Media Server available on DietPi. Maybe you can have a look into the catalogue.
Wow! On raspbian I can play 1920x180 mp4 h264 files ony with omxplayer and with dietpi I can choose so many hardware accelerated media player? IT looks ot be a very big diet!
Kodi - Media Centre / Player
- YMPD - Lightweight web Interface audio player for MPD
- myMPD - Lightweight web Interface audio player for MPD
- O!MPD - Feature-rich web Interface audio player for MPD
- CAVA - Optional: Console-based audio visualizer for MPD
- Mopidy - Web Interface Music /Radio Player
- AirSonic - Feature rich media streaming server with web interface.
- SubSonic - Feature rich media streaming server with web interface.
- Logitech Media Server - aka LMS, Squeezebox Server
- SqueezeLite - Audio player for Logitech Media Server
- Shairport Sync - AirPlay audio player with multiroom sync
- ReadyMedia - (MiniDLNA) Media streaming server (DLNA, UPnP)
- Ampache - Web interface media streaming server.
- Emby - Web interface media streaming server.
- Plex Media Server - Web interface media streaming server.
- Tautulli - Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server.
- Murmur - Mumble VoIP Server
- Roon Bridge - Turns your device into a Roon capable audio player
- Roon Server - Turns your device into a Roon capable audio player and Roon core
- Roon Extension Manager - Manage extensions from within Roon
- NAA Daemon - Signalyst Network Audio Adaptor (NAA).
- IceCast - Shoutcast Streaming Server, including DarkIce.
- jRiver - Media Center
- Koel - Web interface streaming server.
- GMediaRender - Resource efficient UPnP/DLNA renderer
- Ubooquity - Free home server for your comics and ebooks library.
well all this software is optional. By defauld, DiePi did not contain any software and there is nothing installed at the beginning. You can select them from dietpi-software catalogue. Once selected, it will be installed and configured.
Ops, the list is big, but reading these short descriptions no one looks to be a media player like vlc does.
Kodi looks to be the only one able to play a mp4 into the screen of a dietpi.
In theory you can install any player you like. Similar to any other Debian installation. But than you would need to follow installations steps of the software provider and can’t use DietPi automation.
I just need to use omxplayer of raspbian with crontab, which other special automations dietpi can give?
With automation I mean, that DietPi is offering for some software title an automated setup process, including all dependency’s and configs.
For OMX you would need to install manually as DietPi is not offering it as software title
once installed you can run your files, even from command line
omxplayer -p -o hdmi whateverfilename.mp4
Normally I use this omxplayer on Raspbian, iss it ok too for dietpi theoretically?
DietPi is a Raspbian Lite, just with less packages installed.