PiVPN Release v4.6.0: The end

This is the final official release of PiVPN. PiVPN is no longer maintained

We know Bad news :PiVPN is ending. · Issue #7002 · MichaIng/DietPi · GitHub

1 Like

Let’s see. The number 1 (in changed code lines) contributor is against archiving the repo and generally open for doing further contributions to the project. The orga owner seems to not have communicated his decision. Maybe he can be convinced to leave it open and add the main contributor as orga owner for administrative things, when needed.

And in any case, the code and installer is functional, works in Debian Trixie, hence for at least another 2 years. So I see no reason to drop support for it quickly.

But it raises the idea that we might want to add a little CLI/whiptail UI for our plain OpenVPN and/or WireGuard server implementations, before PiVPN steps working on a stable Debian release.

1 Like

But it raises the idea that we might want to add a little CLI/whiptail UI for our plain OpenVPN and/or WireGuard server implementations, before PiVPN steps working on a stable Debian release.

This script installs hardened OpenVPN and works great https://github.com/angristan/openvpn-install

I wonder if someone from dietpi could reach out and take over the reigns of PiVPN…

Sad to see it go to the wayside…

I doubt this will happen as we have a single developer and a large amount of own tasks.

have a look to post of @MichaIng above

The number 1 (in changed code lines) contributor is against archiving the repo and generally open for doing further contributions to the project

Yes, I took over motionEye and HTPC Manager already, and barely have any time for it. No chance to take care another project, it would be its death. And the orga owner clearly stated that he won’t hand it over to someone he does not know, which totally makes sense.

PiVPN not so dead after all

just see a discussion between out developer and PiVPN developer on our GitHub repository. :wink: Bad news :PiVPN is ending. · Issue #7002 · MichaIng/DietPi · GitHub