We just started public beta testing:
We hope much of you can help to test v6.17 before we push it to release branch. Note that the new “beta” branch can be considered as stable as the prior “master” (release) branch. We internally run the same careful tests before pushing changes from active development into beta branch. So the purpose of the new system is not to outsource in-dev testing, but to further improve release stability and avoid hotfix releases, like sometimes needed in the past.
The vast possible combinations of SBC devices, distro versions, configurations and installed software titles has grown too large to internally test every single of them.
Of course we appreciate, if testers have a special eye on the features we add/change with this release. Check out the current changelog: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/blob/beta/CHANGELOG.txt
If you find any bugs, please open a separate issue on GitHub, mentioning “beta” in the header, e.g.
Beta v6.17 | Software title foo fails to install
Use this thread for general feedback or questions about our new beta program, or do this as well on GitHub: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/2140
Happy testing !
- DietPi-Globals | G_* functions are not available via
- DietPi-Update | Whiptail menus during central part of update process show wrong dimensions: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/2105
- RPi | LXAppearance (on LXDE desktop) hangs on dbus-launch: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/1791#issue-325031923
- Pine64 | Enable Bluetooth add-on module: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/528
- Odroid XU4 | Xorg (e.g. desktops) fail to start: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/2130
- Odroid C2 | Kodi GPU acceleration does not work on Stretch images: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/1814
- Odroid C2 | HotSpot does not work with (some?) WiFi adapters: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/1955
- WaveShare32 | Input axis are inverted: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/803
Software title related
- OpenBazaar | Client connection fails: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/1090
- Node-RED | Pre-installed modules cannot be updated via webUI: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/2073
- SiCKRAGE | Fails to install due to their recent branch and install method changes: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/2126
- Raspimjpeg | With Lighttpd, streaming mjpeg does not work: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/1747
Open for discussion